Chapter One

Leo Valentine hated breakfast.

A statement that should have been impossible to form into a sentence, a claim that defied the laws of the universe. But unfortunately, it was the truth.

As Leo sat by a table, staring at the long row of sweet and savoury delights. Mountains of warm waffles, crisp bacon, buttered toast, and croissants waiting to be devoured. Usually, the sight alone would make Leo ravenous, even if the possibilities of falling into a food coma was high, it would have been worth it.

But now, Leo wouldn't even touch the food in front of him, his appetite was diminished the moment he first made eyesight with the worst person he ever met.

Julian Aether.

Golden boy and son of the Head Alpha of the Evergreen Valley pack. He was sitting across from Leo, the morning sunlight danced across his blond hair and tanned skin, as he chatted while a charming smile was plastered on his face. Leo hated to admit it, but Julian was really handsome...but that doesn't excuse the fact that this dickhead ruined his breakfast, therefore he was the spawn of hell in Leo's eyes.

Sitting beside Julian, and happily chatting with him, was a girl. She was very similar to Leo, both having mostly the same facial features and dark skin, not to mention, the same icy blue eyes. That was because she was Leo's twin sister, Rose Valentine.

Leo felt bile rising in his throat, when Julian and Rose stared dreamily at each other like they were in a romcom. Yep, there goes his appetite.

The three weren't the only ones seated at the table. Leo and Rose's uncle Victor was present, a tall and lithe black man with steel grey eyes. Not to mention, Julian's 'lovely' parents. A woman with a face caked with makeup was his mother, Emily Aether. Then, there was his father, a person Leo hated more than Julian, Solomon Aether. He was a large man, with a mane of blond hair tied into a ponytail, with a thick beard and moustache to match. Leo suspected that jungle on his face hid a great deal of crumbs and dust.

Despite Solomon's looks, he was not a man you should be messing with. Leo knew that more than anyone. But, for a man that could break someone's spine in half, he wore a bright smile as he observed the other guests seated around him.

"Firstly, I would like to say thank you to our guests of honour," He chortled, gesturing a large hand in their direction. "For coming here today to celebrate the special day of these two."  Solomon looked in Julian and Rose's direction.

Julian and Rose smiled in his direction, and Solomon went back to addressing everyone at the table. "As you all know, in just two days, my son and this lovely young lady will be bonded as mates under the full moon. For years, the Evergreen Valley pack and the Nyx Valley pack have been enemies, but that will all change and we can finally live in harmony. To Julian and Rose! May the Goddess shine her light upon them."

He raised his glass, and the others did the same, all except for Leo. However, he was prompted to by Victor, whom nudged him and shot him a strict look. Leo sighed and reluctantly raised his glass, mimicking the others and taking a sip of orange juice in it.

Afterwards, Solomon turned to his son once more. "Anything you like to say, my boy?"

Julian looked a bit surprised by the question, but soon his expression turned into one of confidence. The Alpha stood up from his chair, saying in a clear voice. "The only thing I have to say, is that I am honoured to be chosen by the Goddess for this special occasion...I am also grateful that she paired me up with the most beautiful girl in the world." He gazed admirably at Rose, whom blushed in return.