The Average Day

The busy and thriving city of Splatsville. The local youth cephalopods going off to battle in their favorite past time, Turf Wars, some going into their shifts at Grizzco, maybe even a few partaking in the card game Tableturf battle. You are doing none of the above. You are spending your sweet sweet afternoon working. And it isn't even an exciting job like Grizzco, you are just a lowly intern or assistant. Though at the same time it isn't that bad because you get to work with the ever popular idols known as Deep Cut. How many squids or octopuses can say they worked directly with Deep Cut themselves? Not many. You do the basic things an intern does, getting coffee, giving Deep Cut their scripts, stuff like that. You have been working here for about two years, you have basically memorized each members' preferred coffee. Shiver likes their coffee without any added sweeteners or creamers, just pure black coffee, they don't seem to like it but they still insist on it being their preferred coffee. You think they just pretend to like it to seem cool. Frye loves her coffee to be filled to the brim with sweeteners and creamers, at that point it is mostly cream and sugar and like 5% coffee, she even insists on having star shaped marshmallows like the ones in overly sweet cereals in it too. Big Man likes his coffee to be mild, not too sweet nor bitter. Like a very mild mocha, it is similar to your tastes in coffee which is why you remembered it first.

Speaking of Big Man, you tend to spend more time around him, mostly because he is the most friendly of the three. That isn't to say that Shiver and Frye aren't nice, it is just that Big Man is more approachable than the other two. You also just like being around him in general. You don't know why exactly. It could be multiple reasons why. You could just think he is nice, it could also be more romantic feelings. Probably not that last one, probably.

You get up at 6am in the morning and head to the studio. Your apartment isn't too far from the studio so it isn't a long walk there. Once you enter the studio you are normally one of the first ones there, the only other people there being the jellyfish producers. By this time you normally get the coffee machine ready. Around 7:30am to 9 Deep Cut arrives. It is very easy to tell when they arrive cause they are so loud with Frye usually yelling,
"WE'RE HERE!!!" at the top of her lungs. At this time you come out of the backroom and give them their coffees, they say their "thank you"s and you all go on with your day. It's a routine. This routine was broken today however. After giving Big Man his coffee, he hugged you, smothering you with his large, soft rayling body then he said thank you. Big Man hugging literally everyone in the studio in the morning isn't weird, like right after he hugged you he went to hug one of the producers and he has hugged you before, but what was weird about this is that it lasted for a lot longer than normal and felt more intimate than a greeting. The thought about that hug has lingered with you all day, your face felt red ever since all throughout the day. You even thought about it hours after you went home. You are just laying in bed when you finally start processing your feelings about that interaction. You sit up in your bed after trying to sleep.
"Does Big Man have feelings for me? Do I have feelings for him??" You say to yourself.