Shorts // Reactions // Continuations

So, seeing as I left you all with a sad ending (which I feel very bad for doing), I've put together a collection of snippets of the characters' reactions after Kokushibo and Muzan passed.

Enjoy, little ones.

Short#1 - Kokushibo

TW: mention of su*c*de

My eyes snapped open.

All I could see was black. The suffocating darkness loomed around me in every direction, save the line of fire that stretched before me.

Fire?

I looked around, my gaze darting around the blank hellscape.

Where am I?

The memories raced through my mind like a torrent.

Oh, right. Glancing back at the fire, I exhaled. It would make sense for me to go to hell.

"Hello?" I called. "Is anyone else here?"

Silence.

I guess that means I won't see Yoriichi.

Something brushed up against my forearm. I quickly whipped my head around, startled by the sudden contact.

My expression softened as I met Muzan's gaze, taking his still-demonic appearance in. Out of all the strong emotions that shook me, love and regret were the strongest.

"I'm sorry, did it... did it hurt?" I asked after a few seconds.

He shook his head. "Painless, just like you said." His focus traveled to my neck. "I can't say the same for you, though."

I shrugged, not responding. I focused on the crackling fire, trying to keep my mind off of what I'd done.

"We're meant to go that way," I pointed. Next to me, Kibutsuji narrowed his eyes.

"Don't avoid me, Kokushibo. You can't kill me and commit suicide, then not talk to me about it." His hand wrapped around my wrist, gently squeezing it in a reassuring way. "I don't hate you. Never will. I just want to know why this happened."

"I swore to a hashira that I would if you hurt a human. Even if I didn't go through with it, we both would have been killed eventually," I stated, looking back at him.

"And you wanted to let me have a painless death, instead of one at the hands of demon slayers," he finished.

"Yes."

Muzan pressed his side into mine, muttering a "Thank you" before letting go of my arm and walking towards the fire. When he realized I wasn't following him, he stopped and turned back, eyeing me with confusion.

"Are you expecting someone?" He asked.

I looked in the direction opposite the fire, staring hard into the darkness. Out of nowhere, a small pinprick of bright white light appeared, just about the size of a mouse. I felt a connection to both the light and the fire, each had an invisible string tied around my soul.

Muzan saw it as well, and looked at me with an unsure expression.

"Do you.. feel that?" I tilted my head, keeping my eyes trained on the light.

"No."

I knew my brother was there. No doubt he had only seen the light. It must have been a lot brighter for him than it was for me.

Why is it here? It shouldn't be.

I shook my head rapidly, turning back to Muzan and striding past him towards the flames. He caught up with me, matching my pace.