🍑Fantasy Results🍑

Fantasy

Special thanks to our judges inkysparrow, Manjiro27, and SkysTheLimit084!!

3rd Place

Luminari by VanessaCharles

Luminary:

Cover (10/10)

-relevance: 5/5

Title definitely fits the story there is no doubt about that. I also love it because it doesn't make much sense until you read the blurb and find out more information.

-design: 5/5

I don't really know yet. Because the animal on the cover hasn't come up yet. But wolves have come up in general.

Blurb (7/10)

-relevance: 5/5

Yes it does. There's no doubt about that.

- interest: 3/5

Yes it's interesting but also very cliché. It's long and tells maybe a little bit too much information.

Plot Development (15/15)

- pace: 5/5

Pacing was very well done. The chapters were a good length and they contained good information.

- information: 5/5

The chapters interwove information that would obviously be important later on.

- interest: 5/5

I was slightly unsure at first but after the second chapter I think I got hooked.

Technical Ability 14/15)

- grammar: 4/5

Mostly yes, but I noticed a couple instances were it was off. It happened enough to bring it down one point.

- language: 5/5

Yep, the character is young and it's written in first person. The writing well shows a child.

- formatting: 5/5 - Formatting was unique, so standard rules didn't apply.

Most people don't do this well but Luminari was very well formatted.

Characters (10/15)

- likeability: 1/5

The score is low because the author didn't do an amazing job describing the characters (apart from a couple) and the main character was quite annoying. The little sister was great but cliché again.

- relationships: 4/5

The relationships were well done. I just would've liked to see more of the side of Bailey that finds his little sister annoying.

- development: 5/5

Not much character development but obviously not much happens in the first couple parts but I think the author did a good job showing the characters personality.

Overall Enjoyment (9/10)

I didn't at the beginning but once I got to chapter two, yes I loved it.