Chapter Fourty

Maze

🐺

     Yesterday afternoon Ash had to go home. I spent the rest of the day trying to think about what happened between us and what I wanted to do in regards of my living situation. Do I regret what we did? Absolutely not. I knew I wouldn't. I wish I could explain my trust for him out loud as well as I can in my head, but then again everything sounds better in your head than out loud.

Today I'm having lunch with my Dad and Step Mom. They originally wanted to come to my place, but I decided against it due to the fact I never cleaned up the pull out couch's sheets and truthfully I know I needed to, but I just don't want to. They smell like him. Like us. He did go home shirtless though so I guess it wouldn't matter if I washed them or not. At least his shirt holds his scent.

I was preparing myself on the very slow walk over there on how I was going to break the news. I asked everyone that knew not to say anything because I wanted to be the one to tell them first and thankfully they all listened. Angel and Ada won't be there because Angel went back to Ada's Pack to meet her Father and help her pack her stuff. I'm happy to know that she decided to move here for Angel.

I walk through the door as Mom's spaghetti wafts through the air. I inhaled deeply smiling and went into the kitchen where Mom was washing the salad and Dad was cutting the cucumber's.

"Hey, do you want any help?"
"Hey, Mazie." Dad smiled bringing me into a side hug when I reached his side.
"If you want you can check the garlic bread for me, Sweetie." Mom smiled out.
"Okay."

I opened the over and seen they were almost ready.

"They just need to crisp up, then they'll be done."
"Turn the over on a low broil." Mom instructed leaving me to do so.
"So, that attack was pretty crazy the other night." Dad stopped cutting the cucumber's and turned to face me with his arms crossed.
"Yeah it was."

I was wearing a dress that went to my knee's. I didn't want my cut to get rubbed against still since it could set back my healing. The only reason it hasn't healed yet was from the damn silver.

"Did you join the fight?" Dad asked straight forward.
"I was the one that alerted Jase, then two Rouge's blocked my path by the lake. I took one down, but the other got away. He had Blane check the camera's and they seen a group of Rouge's heading towards the Pack."

My Mom shook her head.

"I still don't understand what took them so long to alert everyone at the Mating ceremony." She stated.
"Jase linked Tommy, but he was home with his Mate. We ended up getting back to the ceremony before Tommy arrived."
"We?" Dad asked.
"Jase, Chip, and I."

Goddess, they are full of questions. Oh my! I feel like a horrible Sister right now.

"How scared was Mia?"
"She was a crying mess and glued to her Bo Bo." Mom smiled towards my Dad teasing him of the nickname.
"We ended up taking her home and explained what happened when we got there. She was safe with us in the bunker." Mom also added.
"Good."

I checked the bread again, then turned the oven off to pull them out. They had a perfect crust.

"Did you get hurt?" Dad asked.
"Just a gash to the thigh. I got it stitched up along with the gash on Conner's back shoulder."

Mom gasped leaving the salad and rushing to my side to lift my dress. In her frantic attempts of looking to the wound, Dad thought she would end up pulling my dress to high and turned around quickly.

"Marie!" He shouted as he was turning.
"Oh! Honey, look at my baby's thigh!" Mom was nearly crying, but he didn't turn.
"Nothing's showing, Bobby! Come look, now!" She cried out.