15. Maryam

This chapter is dedicated to all the beautiful mothers.

In the kitchen, Hajiya Binta is preparing lunch and chooses to cook Maryam's favorite food, but her mind is with her daughter__ worried about her daughter and her future. Her dream has always been for her daughter to get married and have her life.

After the death of her husband, Haiiya Binta did everything to make sure her daughter attended the best university, she was more determined when she witnessed her daughter was interested.

Even though she was mourning for her husband and his relatives are having it out over the inheritance. She didn't use anything of his and sold some of her gold for Maryam's education and saved some for her marriage. When everything was resolved and everyone was giving his shares that's when she was comfortable using their inheritance for food, clothing, and essential stuff_ for their future needs.

She was proud to see her daughter excel and finished her university with first-class honors in economics.

Now her daughter is working in the bank where her hubby worked before he died. She's proud of her daughter for being a self-dependent woman. She doesn't give attention to people's words and gossip, or people calling her 'Yar mace' with malice in their tone.

People in society have smeared black paint on the children who were raised by their mothers giving them the attitude that they are spoiled, mannerless, have bad behavior, and worse some treat them like prostitutes.

Some men won't even look at the lady if he heard that she has no father, or some will start dating and the wedding will be fixed but can be canceled because a woman brought up the lady.

They don't think that the lady without a father can have better morals than the lady with a father. Haiiya Binta knows she raised Maryam well and her daughter has all the attributes of a good wife and will be a great mother one day.

What's wrong with people? Don't their ever realize how hurt the daughters are by losing their fathers, who want to lose his father? The wives are heartbroken their husbands are gone.

People should understand them, and not reject them.

Even with the agony that her daughter has no father or is being called 'Yar mace' with malice. She won't approve of her daughter marrying a man she's not interested in. Hajiya Binta figures out, her daughter because of torment by people, who are harsh to her and call her 'Yar mace'

Her daughter is inclined toward focusing on herself and building her life. She never thought her daughter will ever be in this situation; Her Mairo never glanced at any man that came to her with the intention of marriage or dating. Her Mairo only cares about her studies and work. Now, her Mairo is heartbroken because of love.