Chapter 22

I'm sitting in my office, searching through the box I found all those years ago under my parents' bed

It had my name on it with the title emergency. I haven't found it in me to open it, I'm scared. However, I need answers right now.

Dear love, when you read this me and your mother are no longer present. I know you've grown into a smart and strong woman, and we are forever proud of you.

We haven't been completely honest with you. Your mother and I are hitmen. This may change your view of us but I promise it was for the best. So we could provide for you and we fell in love on the field.

Theres three gangs dominating the gang world right now. Your mother and I call them the worms.

A chuckle leaves my lips when I think about how alike we are.

These three gangs, the snakes, the serpents, and the vipers are dangerous. We know you're a strong girl but these are not people you mess with. But we believe in you.

You need to take them down.

In the mafia world, the Russians are at the top, but that is going to change now with the Italian mafia on their back. Then in third place, we have the American mafia.

After you've done this we need you to find the eagle. He's the reason for this. He will have all the answers.

We love you peanut.

"fucking hell" I breathe letting the letter fall back into the box. I close it swiftly before standing up.

"midnight, tell everyone to meet me in the control room," I say.

"of course Simone," she says.

I make my way down the stairs, into the long corridor, through the metal door, and finally to the control room.
Everyone is already here.

"so I've called you all here because it's time for the serpents to go night night," I say. Pushing a button a digital map with red dots appears, showing their locations.

"the leader, Vincent Samuelsson lives his life in luxury. A such luxury he leaves his wife for the strip club every Saturday" I say.

Jonathan whistles, I glare at him and he shuts up.

"Adrian, I need you and Jonathan to get me some arsenic. Not a lot, but you know enough to kill a fifty-year-old man" I say.

"of course Simone" he winks at me.

"do that again and you'll be my personal lab rat to see if that posion will work, okay?" I say flatly.

"sorry, boss" he clears his throat, leaving him be in his corner of embarrassment I turn back to the rest of the group who is watching the interaction closely. It's not like they don't know, because they do. However, I certainly won't own up, or speak about my mistakes.