Chapter 5

It's been over a week since they've seen each other. Precisely ten days since Tin took Can to the fun fair. Ten days since they had a moment. Ten days since Tin almost kissed a boy. Boy who was just two years older than him yet he sometimes looked and acted much younger. Tin wasn't worried that Can would disappear as there was just as much shouting and noise coming from downstairs as usual, if not more. Wednesday evening rolled up and Tin finally finished his French essay after hours and hours of bending his back over the desk and scribbling the sentences word by word, silently cursing the professor who wouldn't let them do it online. Instead he had to write on a paper in Latin alphabet and his handwriting looked like that of a first grader, and cursive was even worse. Still, he managed to complete the thirty assigned pages two days before it was due and despite it being late evening, Tin decided to treat himself.

Just as he left his apartment he heard a distinct voice about some curse words just beneath his feet followed by slamming the door and footsteps fading away. He quickly run to the staircase and stomped down just in time for Can to open the door, nearly bumping into him. "Fuck, move out of the-oh. It's you." Can quickly glanced at him before continuing down the stairs with hands in his pockets and head tilted down. "Can, wait! Where are you going?" Tin swiftly followed, but only managed to catch up at the ground floor. "Out." "Where?" "Why the fuck should I tell you? Just move." Can demanded when Tin blocked the way, not letting Can to open the door and leave the fire escape. "Hey, what's wrong? Talk to me."

It took Can a silent moment of staring at the ground before he finally looked up and Tin saw how bloodshot his eyes were, as if he was crying for hours on end. "What...what happened?" Tin gasped, gently touching Can's face. He felt the tacky remains of tears on his finger tips and promptly moved his hand away. He didn't expect Can to lean against him and his arms fell down his sides, the shock rendering Tin speechless. "I'm upset. Can you comfort me, Mr. Rich kid?" Can chuckled as he wrapped his slim arms around Tin's neck and leaned forward for a kiss that Tin skilfully dodged. "Don't, just talk-" "I don't wanna talk. You can just comfort me like this." Before Tin could even realise what was happening, Can was already unzipping his jeans, trying to stuff his hand down the younger guy's pants. He was stopped by two hands firmly pushing him away, so hard that his back hit the opposite wall and he coughed in pain.

Tin zipped up his jeans and in panic run out of the door, leaving Can wheezing in the staircase. It wasn't until several hours later that Tin returned to the building with grocery bag in his arms, his mood finally lifted after that crazy encounter earlier. As a treat for finishing his essay Tin decided to celebrate with a cake, making this his official cheat day after a month of no sweets dieting and he just couldn't wait to dig in. As if fate had different plans for him, or the universe was fucking with him, his excitement was short lived when he got back to his floor and was greeted by a scene he's experienced once before. Can was sitting on the doormat, leaning against Tin's door, this time with a liquor bottle in hand. "Heeeey, you kept me waiting." Can scrambled to his feet and knocked on the door.

Tin pushed him aside. He unlocked the door and got inside as quickly as he could, slamming the door behind him and locking it with the chain. There was some knocking and drunken slurring that Tin couldn't decipher through the closed door, but by the loud thud against the wood he figured Can probably sat back down again with his back against the door. Tin sorted the groceries first before opening the box and placing nicely frosted cake onto the table. His phone buzzed and Tin accepted the video call. Pete smiled at him through the screen. "Sorry I missed your text earlier, what's going on?"

Tin sighed as he explained the situation that happened earlier and how it freaked him out, especially when Can tried to make a move on him. He didn't mention the connection between Can and Ae, he didn't even say the name, but he needed someone to talk about this who he knew wouldn't judge him. Tin also mentioned the day at the fair, how he actually had fun hanging out with Can, even how they held hands. Tin knew Pete was the best person to talk about this, not just because they're best friends, but also because Pete was gay and knew something about feelings between two boys. Not that Tin has any; he attributed his heartbeat quickening when Can made a move to a nonexistent arrhythmia