lexie had calmed down enough to let me ride in the front with Chandler. "they're calling them tripods" I told Chandler as i looked down at my phone that I had finally got working after switching out the battery and restarting it. "Does it say how many there are" he asked while turning into a parking lot. "1 in L.a, at least 5 in California itself" i responded and Chandler cursed under his breathe.  "OK well we're here lets go it looks like we're the only ones here but say close to me just in case." he said while pulling out a gun and I gasped. "when the fuck did you get that" i said my eyes wide. "when the others first arrived just in case, here" he said handing me a small handgun and Lexie a key chain with a panic button and multi-tool. "lex if you ever get separated from us i want you to press this OK it will let us know where you are and this has a knife in it so if someone tried to hurt you, you  can defend yourself OK' he told her and she nodded. Once we made sure out guns were loaded we started inside the store. Chandler got camping stuff and weapons while me and lexie were in charge of Food, medicine and clothes. we had been in there for about 20 minutes when I heard footsteps. I stopped as boy looking about 17 or 18  turned the corner. lexie hide behind me as we looked at each other for a moment "I'm not gonna hurt you I just getting stuff like you" he said and i nodded. "where are you parents" i asked and he looked down. "the machines got them" He said sadly and my gaze softened. "I'm so sorry, do you wanna stay with us for the night at least. its not safe to be on your own. I'm Lauren and this is my little sister Lexie and My boyfriend Chandler is somewhere around he- *gunshot*" We all jumped at the sound and ducked behind the shelf's. " CHANDLER!" i yelled and he yelled back a second later. "SORRY WAS JUST TESTING IT". I laughed and lexie whined. "its ok lex why don't you go try to find some games or something with-" I paused looking up at the boy. "Jacob" he smiled and you nodded. "go with him, do you have anything to protect yourself" you asked. He nodded pulling out a switchblade "okay just yell if you need anything as stay low" you told them and he nodded and lexie took his hand as they headed off to the kids section. You walked to the electronics and picked out some stuff after making sure  they worked. You also grabbed a calendar and some markers to keep track of the days as well as a watch for each of you. 

"hey" Chandler said sneaking up behind you making you jump. "sorry" he chuckled setting his bag down. "where's lexie", "With Jacob some kid we ran into, his parent were taken and he seemed harmless enough so why not take him in." i told him and Chandler nodded but still seemed hesitate. "okay well what do you get" he asked and i opened my bag. " A radio, Flashlights, batteries, DVD player and some movies, a watch for each of us, first aid stuff, Meds, Lighters, matches. Plus i was thinking we can grab a cooler and store some food in it, the car we stole has a decent size trunk but maybe we can find a van or RV there's a lot not far from here" i explained and Chandler nodded. "yeah well i got lots tents , blankets, loads of MREs, a couple more knifes and another gun we can keep in the glove box, ammo, flares, waterproof bags, tarp" he finished and i nodded. "yeah thats seems good for now we can hit a few more places if we need to but i pretty much cleared out pharmacy with everything important like antibiotics and medical supplies. i cleared out the feminine hygiene aisle too so I'm all stocked up as far as that. I even got some condoms" i said grinning at the last part and chandler scoffed playfully. "The world might be ending and you worrying about safe sex" he chuckled and you laughed. "it wouldn't hurt but that reminds me i also got prenatal vitamins  and stuff just in case we run into someone who needs them but also for down the road cause who knows if we'll be able to get them when we need them" I stated blushing slightly. "you thought of everything its like you knew the world was gonna end" he smiled and you smiled back. "its just  because I watch and read way to much syfy and apocalypse shit so I'm prepared. Who knew it'd actully come in handy" I said looking down.  chandler picked my chin up with his finger and placed a gentle kiss on my lips beofre pulling away. "everything is gonna work out okay I'm gonna protect you and lex and we're gonna get past this. I love you" Chandler assured you. "RENI!" You heard Lexie screamed followed by a crash and you both bolted up. "LEXIE"

A/n- i added in another characters  just to add a little but more plot plus which you'll see much later and I'm making this a very long book so just bare with me. I'm gonna try make each wave far apart from each other because i think in the og story line of the 5th wave they all happen over like a  6 months to a year or so, maybe a little over year and i don't want this book to be that fast pace i want it to be more slow burn action  if i can also if add in any more characters at deeper point in the story i will update the cast list so just remember to go back and check to see who it is.