i. From Ash and Dust

one.

 ∘₊✧─➶──𓆩𝞇𓆪──➴─✧₊∘

❝Some things change. They really do.❞

"HEY! OPEN UP!" Her screams and shouts were in vain as none had heard her, too emerged in the battle to notice that one of their members was still locked away.

Percy, on the other hand, hand no idea why someone had locked her inside right before the battle started. Sure, it might be a bad mistake that her nose-bleed "accidentally" awoke Gaea... but there was no reason to lock her up now that it was over. Shouldn't they want her to fight?

"Anyone?" She called for no response. Did Andreas not notice her absence at all? Percy wondered before taking a seat with her back against the wall, legs crossed. After god knows how long, she was panicking hard. Hell, she was not fucking okay of sitting out while her friends were fighting, risking their lives on the battlefield.

Even stranger, Percy found it impossible to hack open the locked door. Even with Riptide and her powers, the door seemed to never budge nor was even a scar left. Who built this? She wondered. How did I even get in here? The last thing she recalled before waking up in there was being asleep on her bed.

An idea surfaced in her mind. Her lips moved to whistle a soft tune. With fingers crossed, she sat, locked up in some secret room in god knows where with only a slimmer of sunlight peeking through the cracks of the door. Percy did get the result she wanted, however. Minutes later, she heard the familiar clatter of hooves against wood.

"Heard you called me, boss. You in there?"

"Can you get me out of here, Blackjack?"

"Hang in there, boss!" She heard her companion, the majestic and donut-loving pegasus, Blackjack's voice from the other side. He paced from side to side before finally setting his front hooves on the door for a push. As she expected, it didn't open at all. Whatever material the builder used... it was pretty damn strong.

"Hey Blackjack! Try the doorknob. Mine is broken on the inside. Is there a key?" Percy shouted, beginning to feel exasperated.

"Yes boss! There's a key!"

"Gods," She sighed. "Then turn the knob and let me out!"

∘₊✧─➶──𓆩𝞇𓆪──➴─✧₊∘

Her heart was at her throat the whole ride on Blackjack to the main battlefield. The world was on fire by the time she arrived. The Earth was barren and scarred as the demigods stood their ground against the titans... and Gaea.

"Thanks again, Blackjack," Percy murmured, "I owe you some good ass donuts when this is all over." She hoped that would be soon, "Stay safe, buddy."

"No problem boss," He neighed, landing in the midst of battle, his armor serving as protection, "Looking forward to the treats!"

The battlefield blurred as Percy striked down another monster. "They just keep coming..." she muttered, her sweat dripping down the side of face. Riptide dug into the palm of her hands. She felt lightheaded, the gashing wound on her left arm throbbing (and bleeding) consistently.

From the top of the dirt hill, Percy saw clearer than ever. She saw Jason, the son of Zeus, her unexpected friend after numberless disagreements. His sharp, stunning blue eyes faded as he was speared through the chest. She heard a scream rip through her own throat. The electricity dancing between his fingertips crackled and died as his life was taken from him.