Chapter 25 |Eyes Closed|

|Sonic's.POV|

"Somehow I knew you were gonna do this stupid shit." I groaned.

"Am I really that predictable?" He rolls his eyes and sits on the edge of the bed.

"Once I found your gun, it made sense why you and Blaze hated each other." I fought back a smile.

"I don't understand the correlation." He tilts his head. Of course, what more should I expect from this idiot?

"She hates that kind of stuff, didn't you see her reaction to it?" I went on with a smug attitude.

"When a gun is pointed at you, the only thing going through your mind is fear. Understandably, I would be too, especially if it was my own best friend." He spits. Maybe I'm the idiot.

I glance over at Shadow who seems to be waking up again. His familiar body twitches are all I recognize in this room. The crazy rich person in front of me was once another person in the background of my life. My ex-friend used to spout about how amazing he was, then again I knew she would talk similarly about me. I guess she's not the best judge of character.

"You had a lot of nerve to do what you did." Silver smiled at me. Of course, it wasn't in a friendly way. Sinister and has ideas racing through his mind.

"I'm just upset that I didn't shoot you first." I snarled. If only I realized how stupid that sounded.

"You didn't shoot at all." He laughed.

I hate that it's true. I was ready to do it but I couldn't help but panic at the thoughts going through my head. If I could go back I'd...still fold under the pressure. I've never shot someone, the mess and the brutal sight just make me wanna vomit. Yet, it was all I needed to do to secure my goal of taking down this rich asshole.

"Your silence speaks plenty." He smiles as he makes his way to Shadow, still on the floor. Helps him up and drags him over to the bed in front of me.

"Your friend is awake." He coos at me while keeping Shadow propped up on the bed.

Muffled noises from Shadow, that's all I heard from him. He's not fully there I don't think he's drunk. Possibly on some other substance.

"What's wrong with him?" I tilted my head up to see him better. Silver smacks his hand against Shadow's barely conscious face, eliciting a twitch in his eyes.

"Shadow!" I nearly manage to jump but constraints bring me back to the reality that I can't.

"If I was you, I'd pray that he never wakes up." Silver spouts his nonsense. I hate it when a person alludes to something but doesn't give any clue as to what they mean.

"Some context would be nice." I roll my eyes. I'm not intimidated, much more irritated if anything.

"Compared to the rest of us, he's your favorite person to use." Silver sits back on the chair in front of me. "Your twisted satisfaction in using him to cover your misbehavior is amusing. Looking back at all the things you did, it makes sense how easy it was to blame Shadow for everything. I knew something was off about you but the gun thing settled my suspicions." He crosses his arms and leans back in his chair.