'aw

The skies of Pandora were clear the day Ta'ni or Tristan, to the less cultured humans, was 'born'.

They drained the amnio tank and pulled out his delicate blue body passing him to his primary creator. She wrapped her pale human arms around the Na'vi infant's toddler sized body as His eyes slowly fluttered open for the very first time. He was met with the teary brown eyes of Dr Grace Augusteine, the salty droplets dripping down the glass of her exopack, pride beaming off of her as she looked down at what her science had created.

Those first few moments were peaceful as he reached his four fingered hand up to touch the scientist's auburn locks, proving even more to his creator that this was actually happening and not a dream of some sort. Sadly before his curiosity was even able to be satisfied he was whisked away by some other scientists for further tests to take place, leaving Dr Grace Augustine's arms now empty as she returns to the important data revolving around her newly born son.

The next few months the small Na'vi experiment was raised by trusted avatar drivers in the avatar program, a small bassinet being built in the longhouse with handmade toys, gifts from the Omaticaya to Grace as congratulations for the newborn. Whenever Grace had free time she would spend it with him, making sure to stuff the baby's small brain with as much knowledge as she could.

On his first birthday Ta'ni was allowed to start going on visits to the Omatikaya clan with Grace. There he was taught with the other small children, learning the ways of the Na'vi, building stronger connections and expanding the humans Knowledge of the Omatikayan peoples way of life. He also 'helped' Grace teach the young Na'vi about the English language, also helping in the communication between species. During these visits he also had the honour of learning to hunt by the up and coming Olo'eytan, Tsu'tey and the future Tsahik, Sylwanin.

He was only three when this life was taken away from him. Grace couldn't protect Sylwanin and the others from the foreign weapons of the humans and their unregistered violence at the protests of the Na'vi. She couldn't save them and it cost her the Omatikaya's trust. She lost almost everything that day and Ta'ni lost two of his best friends, one shot by the sky people and the other to the grief of his beloved. The upbeat nature of his mother was now gone and she buried herself in her work to block the feeling of loss though Grace still made time for her son.

Ta'ni was five when he met Jake Sully. He can remember the day clearly, there was an almost instant connection when he tripped the escaped avatar when he was speeding away from the newly linked room doors. The way a small boy started giggling at the sight of the grown man face first in the pandorian soil piqued an interest in Jake and a sense of confusion as to why there was a loose child running around causing chaos.

Since their meeting, when Jake was on site they would spend their time playing games of make believe or Ta'ni would be attempting to teach Jake the Na'vi language. Other times they could be found playing a game of chase or curled up in Jake's bunk after a long afternoon of play.

When jake started rebuilding connections between the Omaticaya and sky people, Ta'ni was able to return to Hometree and reunite with his old friend Tsu'tey and create a new one in Neytiri, who he knew Jake fancied (though he'd never admit it)

Everything seemed like it was going back to the way it was, Ta'ni still got to visit Sylwanin, though sadly not in person anymore.

He got to spend his days exploring with children his age but this was all just temporary.

It was just the day after his sixth birthday that it was found out that Jake was acting as a spy/messenger for Quaritch. Ta'ni had only met the Colonel on two separate occasions, once when he'd been made to do drills and another when he walked into his mothers lab only to witness one of the loudest fights he'd ever heard. The news of Jake's betrayal broke him as he was sent back to hells gate with Trudy in order to make sure he would not get hurt from one of Quaritch's inevitable attacks on hometree. Two days later he sat curled up in a tiny ball against his mothers almost lifeless Avatar as he was told her human body was killed, leaving behind a grieving boy and a braindead lookalike of herself.

After the humans left and Jake had transferred his consciousness into his Avatar permanently, Ta'ni was unofficially adopted by Jake and Neytiri believing that life was finally going to have a semblance of normalcy to it now that the war was seemingly over.

He spent most of his time with Grace's Avatar or tending to the shrine dedicated to Trudy in the corner of the lab with Norm, both sharing the grief of their respected loved ones.

After Jake and Neytiri had their first son Neteyam, Grace's avatar had mysteriously become pregnant. It was a strange occurrence and Norm was determined to figure out how it happened but with no leads it was a loss so the lab just focused on making sure the baby made it to term.

When Kiri te Suli Kìreysì'ite was born Ta'ni was ecstatic. He spent most of his time with her and a local human boy, Spider. When Lo'ak was born he started tagging along on their adventures and joining them whenever they went to the labs.

On his eleventh birthday Ta'ni partook in the Iknimaya and tamed his Ikran, though not as efficiently as his sister. Three years later, the final child of the Sully family was born as they welcomed Tuktirey into the world.

Ta'ni spent every minute he could with his siblings in the fear that they would all suddenly disappear one day, though mostly spending it with Kiri and by extension Spider due to their closeness.

As he got older, his responsibilities grew. The time once spent with his siblings, playing around and being idiots bled out into different chores so the moments with them became even more precious.

 /^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\

I made it longer. 

Imma do a full rewrite cause I really didn't like how I wrote it before and I actually have an idea of whats gonna happen now.

-pp