mrr

Finally flying again is freeing. Ta'ni is enjoying the sun warming his skin and the wind blowing through his loosening braids. Nevertheless, he knows this feeling is futile, still a prisoner with no rush to let him go. As the group fly through the floating mountains he and Spider enlighten the others of the basic Na'vi customs and traditions. While teaching Quaritch the concept of the greeting Oel ngati kameie, Lyle picks up the signal of a rogue gunship. Ta'ni's ears flatten slightly in worry for his family but he otherwise conceals his feelings turning with the re-coms, heading back to Bridge-head.

When Quaritch returns from his meeting with General Ardmore, the group is sent on their Ikrans towards one of the largest crafts of the RDA's sea fleet, the SeaDragon. As they land on the command centre of the ship, two men are standing on the top deck looking up at them in uncertainty. Quaritch is the first to hop down, directly followed by Spider and Lyle.

Ta'ni watches the conversation from the roof with the rest of the re-coms. Aloof towards the situation at hand, his mind is more focused on the reminder of how small fully grown humans are. From the recent lack of interaction he somehow forgets Spider is also human and his intense stares are directed towards their tiny hands. His blatant staring seems to catch the attention of the new faces as they Question Quaritch of the random 'native'. The Colonel looks back at Ta'ni breaking the man out of his daydreams as he looks back questioningly as his lack of concentration leaves him at a loss. Quaritch turns back to Captain Mick Scorsbey and Dr.Ian Garvin and smirks before muttering out,

"Entertainment."

Ta'ni is leaning against a small table with holographic projections covering its surface, listening to Quaritch explain the details of their mission to the captain. He looks down and watches as Spider walks under him and Quaritch as he explores the control room, his lips quirking in admiration, missing the fond glances in his direction from Miles. He goes to follow the boy but is stopped by the mention of the 50 villages they would have to search. He starts to worry and when Scorsbey starts explaining they hunt Tulkun his emotions become even more conflicted as different scenarios run through his head. He glances up only to be met with Spider's equally as worried expression as the SeaDragon gets ready for its next hunt.

They arrive at their first stop, Ta'unui village and Ta'ni's heart starts to ache at what is about to pan out. Humans in skel suits rip apart homes and Na'vi are forced to the ground as Quaritch interrogates the Olo'eytan and Tsahik. Ta'ni watches on in sympathy and disgust as Quaritch gets Spider to translate for him because Ta'ni was not responding.

When Quarich demands Lyle to shoot an ilu a pained whine leaves Ta'ni's throat as his legs buckle and he falls to the ground, his grief overwhelming him. The frantic cries of all the other Na'vi makes Spider rush to attempt to calm them and turn to Quaritch, begging for the release of the natives. Mile's face softens at the sight of his 'son' and the sobbing Na'vi curled in the soft sand below him. Instead of killing the natives, he orders for their homes to be burned. Ta'ni looks up from his mourning to the bright orange flames in front of him as they take over his vision, rage building in his heart at the unnecessary violence.

Getting ready to leave Quaritch goes to grab Spider's arm but is stopped by the boy flinching away looking over the Ta'unui clan who were all held in the sand, forced to watch as their homes were burned to the ground by the RDA. Broken 'i'm sorry' and 'oeru txoa livu' are cried out as Spider is grabbed by Quaritch who had previously pulled Ta'ni from the sand and was holding him up, taking them back to Cupcake to return to the ship.

Back on the SeaDragon, after recovering from the grief Ta'ni charges towards Quaritch. He captures the shorter man's shoulders, alerting the recombinants around them, guns all pointing at Ta'ni's head. Miles motions for them to stand down as he looks up at Ta'ni with an expectant look on his face, already knowing this was going to happen.

"HOW COULD YOU!" Ta'ni shouted in his face, his hands gripping Miles' biceps harder, angry tears falling down his face. Miles slowly guides them outside for a better sense of privacy as Ta'ni continues to chastise him for his actions. His angry rambles slowly start to die down as his heart stops pounding in his chest, leaving himself out of breath and whispering his closing statement,

"I thought you were different. I thought if I showed you the incredible gift of Eywa you would see what I see, see how I saw you. I thought that you would see me too. But I guess I am the skxáwng afterall."

Before letting go of Miles' reddening bicep and walking back inside and curling up in the corner of the command centre, rage finally content.

Miles is left standing outside, still processing the words just said to him. A small feeling of guilt overtakes him as he finally turns around to re-enter the ship, preparing for the next village. Sadly the next several raids prove futile, they still have no clue of the location of the Sulí family. Miles starts to consider a second option as to draw Jake to them rather than find him themselves, use the vessel as it was designed.

 /^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\/^\

Sorry its been awhile, I have been struggling with writers block but I have finally come out of it! I have been working on my dialog skills and i think they're getting better.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!🤗