mune

Ta'ni was now twenty six, he was an adult, and had been for a while. The pressures of adulthood were already heavy upon his shoulders and the stress from his teen siblings' antics made it hard to stand.

Luckily Neteyam was smart, responsible and reliable so he was tasked with keeping Lo'ak from getting into idiotic situations.

Ta'ni was more focused on making sure no harm came to his baby sisters (and Spider).

Right now his siblings coincidently lacking Neteyam, thought it would be a good idea to go specifically where they were told not to, the abandoned battle grounds from the war. But here they were, walking towards said site. Ta'ni had already voiced his concerns, mainly the fact that their father had specifically told them not to go near there but his words fell on deaf ears as they ran ahead jumping on their Ikrans and flying off without their supervisor.

After he caught up, Ta'ni stood a good distance behind the Sullys, on edge as they neared the site.

He wishes he had just forced the kids to go to the tree of souls as he had planned. The thought of hanging around with Tsu'tey and his mother was much more appealing than walking blindly toward where his father had almost died. He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard his siblings calling Kiri's name.

Catching up to them he looks at Lo'ak.

"She's walked off again, it's fine,"

He replies bluntly. Ta'ni was very familiar with Kiri's little 'moments', Though that makes sense due to him being her brother and all.

"Oh my Eywa. You better find her, I already didn't want to come here but I don't plan on leaving my baby sister out here, the place where, and I can't stress this enough, your father almost died."

Ta'ni replies as he pinches his nose and goes to accompany Tuk in the search. As he takes a proper look around Ta'ni recognizes exactly where they were. This makes him start to panic a little and the sudden noises he hears in the distance don't help this worry. He leans down and picks up Tuk to feel more secure, making sure she had wrapped all her limbs around his torso before calling out for Kiri like the others.

After safely retrieving Kiri, they walk closer to the clearing where the old link shack was located. Hiding behind some thick flora Ta'ni looks over to the abandoned AMP suit and sees a group of unfamiliar Na'vi all appearing around his age, this peaks his curiosity but he ignores it as he signals for Lo'ak to call their dad. He places Tuk down on the cool forest floor making sure Kiri is close by before stealthily moving forward to get a better look.

One of the so-called Na'vi looked vaguely familiar but from their distance Ta'ni couldn't make out who it was.

Ta'ni hears Jake's voice ordering them to get away from the foreigners over the coms so they start to leave, hurrying through the thick green plant life to get back home. Out of nowhere a large blue hand reaches from the flora and grabs Tuk. Everyone gets into defensive positions as the group of foreign Na'vi expose themselves and disarm the group of children, ending in all the siblings getting detained.

The man seemingly in charge steps forward looking around before asking,

"What have we here?"

Ta'ni, who has stayed quiet the whole time, finally recognises who the man was, Colonel Quatrich. He did look way younger and surprisingly bluer than the last time he saw him though. Considering Ta'ni knew Quarich was very xenophobic the last time they spoke, it came as a surprise that he was now one of them. Quatrich demands to look at Kiri and Lo'ak's fingers, declaring them 'half breeds' before smirking and asking;

"You're one of his aren't you?"

Lo'ak hisses defensively at his claim and he continues,

"Oh you're his alright."

And grabs Lo'ak harshly by his tswin.

He proceeds to ask them where Jake is and Lo'ak bites back in Na'vi,

"I don't speak English to idiots"

and Quatrich responds with something in butchered Na'vi, Ta'ni can't quite decipher. Lo'ak hisses at him again but this time Quatrich pulls out a knife before dropping him to the forest floor.

The whole time Ta'ni has stayed deathly silent. Other than a slight wince here and there he made no noises, but when Quatrich walks over to his sister, holding the knife to her kuru, he can't stop himself from baring his canines and snarling in protest as Spider tries to stop him from hurting Kiri. This catches Quatrich's attention as he looks in Ta'ni's direction, catching glances for a moment. A look of familiarity flashes in Quatrich's eye before he turns and starts to interrogate Spider. After learning who he is, motions for the re-com holding him to back off. After some snarky replies and hurtful words, Quatrich motions for the re-com to continue holding him, ego clearly wounded.

Quatrich then reached for his com and signals for pick up informing the general of their 'high value' prisoners. While waiting for their extraction team, Quatrich and Lyle look over footage from the AMP suit and the video of his fight with Jake and Neytiri. The fight seemed brutal from the small snapshots Ta'ni watched. Miles picks up the real Quatrich's skull and crushes it with his bare hands and Ta'ni knows for a fact this is not the same man he was forced to drill with back when he was little.

Rain starts pouring down on the siblings and their captors. Ta'ni is lost in thought as he tries to figure out a way to get him and his siblings free and home safely, but is cut off by the sounds of something approaching. Neytiri's yips cut through the forest ambiance and the re-coms get into defensive stances. The siblings all look at one another nodding. A wave of relief rushes over Ta'ni knowing that if everything goes as planned, they'll be home for dinner before the eclipse.

One of the re-coms is shot directly in the eye with an arrow creating a shower of bullets that rain down into the forest, aiming in the direction of the arrow's origin.

This creates a distraction big enough for all of the kids to unbind themselves and make their escape. Ta'ni makes sure all of his siblings are running away safely before joining Spider and Kiri in their retreat.

While running, Spider trips and falls off the branch they were on. Kiri calls out for him, being ushered away by Neytiri and before thinking about what he is about to do, Ta'ni skillfully jumps down to help him.

As he reaches Spider, so do the re-coms. Quatrich picks up Spider and orders Lyle to grab Ta'ni as they return to the pick-up spot where they are hoisted up into the C-21 Dragon Assault Ship. Before he can attempt to defend himself and spider, Ta'ni is knocked out with the back of a gun and the world fades to black. His lifeless body being dragged across the rough forest floor.