✾ Chapter 1. ✾

Yuumai gently widened her eyes before lashing out several times. She felt tired, confused and her head was spinning. Everything around her was dark, there was not a single light around her that she could guide herself with, she couldn't even see her hands when they touched her forehead.

---Hmm...

The young moaned again before closing her eyelids again, letting the tranquility of the place lead her temptingly once more into the warm arms of Morpheus...Perhaps if something in particular hadn't seemed strange to her brain, he would have continued to enjoy her dream, but luckily for her, he had remembered something very important.

---It's too late! ---he exclaimed, straightening her body immediately, but instead received a strong and painful blow directly to her pale face from her, which clearly hadn't hurt at all but had bothered her. ---But what...? ---she groaned to herself as she touched everything within reach and tried to rub her forehead with her free hand.

Strangely, everything she touched was cushiony and soft, something that reminded her of a familiar sensation, a soft texture that she had touched before her due to her work. It wasn't long before she realized that she was in a coffin, possibly of a traditional design because she had more room at the top than at the bottom.It couldn't be true... Her cousins had left her locked in a coffin again?

Yuumai knew that she looked like a dead person but that was already taking her to the limit, it was one thing to use her as a "model" but quite another for her to comply with the entire funeral process. Yuumai didn't want to give it so much importance since her uncles-parents had a funeral home where she helped from time to time by moving a couple of things or taking care of the twins: Daiki and Aki.

--- These children... --- Yuumai muttered before she let out a loud breath trying to open the lid with the superhuman strength she possessed.

Normally, an ordinary person would be too scared to be locked (possibly trapped) in a coffin, but that wasn't the same as with Yuumai, as she knew that in case her father-uncle didn't come, she could break free. easily from her. Of course, if she managed to break or damage the coffin, she'd probably end up listening to a three-hour sermon.

---I just have to push this hard and-...

Unfortunately for the girl, her plans were affected by a strange noise that came from outside the coffin, it was clearly heard while someone tried to struggle against the coffin lid where the blue-eyed girl was.

---That sound... Was it really all just a dream? ---thought the confused girl before pinching her arm, checking that she was really awake and that she apparently wasn't hallucinating with the noises outside. ---Great my uncle finally realized that I'm not with the twins...

---Dammit, it's almost time for people to come.

An unknown voice was what undoubtedly managed to alarm the sleeper, since no one in her family or any of her workers had a voice like that.

---I better hurry with the uniform. ---The stranger tried to move the coffin lid, again failing in the attempt.

---Uniform? That stranger is trying to infiltrate her uncle's funeral home as a worker?!

---Aaah!! This lid is very heavy! If it's about this... I'll use my trick! ---the stranger yelled louder again.

Yuumai wondered what special trick the stranger was referring to, she was both afraid and curious. She couldn't see anything but she could feel something strange between her feet.A gasp left the girl's lips as she saw how light flames with blue and light blue tones began to invade the coffin.

---Fire?! ---the young woman exclaimed, annoyed, before giving a strong kick on the lid of the box. ---I have to get out right now or this time I'll end up in an urn!