Chapter Fourteen

Cal was making progress with her research, but her current problem was when to go through with the 'ritual'... and finding Omega's room... then finally, his journal. She strongly suspected that Aether's room was the place to start, which elicited a sense of guilt she couldn't explain.

Is that stereotyping?

Nonetheless, she still had to figure out what to do and how to get in there.

Calliope sighed, tucking all the books underneath her bed.

Sodo sat up from his lounging position to watch her, ready to follow her if she decided to go somewhere. That was something she noticed in the past day or so; she moved, he moved. It was so out of character for him - especially considering how unbothered and distant he usually was.

Her attention was drawn away from the ghoul as someone knocked on her office door. Sodo got up before she did, looking worried for a second before he grew annoyed.

"It's Copia," He sighed, opening her bedroom door to step into the office.

She scrambled off the bed to follow behind him, unable to predict his next move. The Cardinal was unable to hide his surprise as he opened the door to come face to face with Sodo, his eyes puzzled as he looked at Cal for an explanation.

"Cardinal, how can I help you?" She asked instead, keeping her tone light.

"I, uh... I figured the entire forgery thing out, so you don't need to worry about that anymore," Copia told her awkwardly as he observed the glowering ghoul, wearing yet another set of pink pyjamas. "What's his problem?"

"Heat," Cal laughed, ignoring the fierce glare Sodo sent in her direction. "So, who was tampering with the documents?"

"I'll tell you later. It's a sensitive matter," Copia cleared his throat, turning to Sodo. "Rehearsal's at ten, don't be late."

The ghoul threw his head back with a groan, dragging his feet back to the room. "I don't want to."

Cal rolled her eyes, turning back to Copia. "He'll be there."

Copia nodded his thanks, excusing himself as he left the room with a small bow.

As soon as he heard the door close, Sodo spoke. "I'm not going."

"Yes, you are."

"I don't want to. It takes forever."

"How long is forever?"

"Three to four hours."

"You'll survive."

He grumbled under his breath, and it took Cal a while to figure out what was said.

"I don't think I'm allowed to go with you, but after I've run my errands, I'll wait for you outside."

"Errands? What errands?"

"I technically have a job to do, you know," She lied easily with a laugh. I'll tell him when the time is right. I will.

He pursed his lips, nodding begrudgingly.

"C'mon, let's get you something to eat before you have to go," Cal prompted, nudging his arm as she grabbed her sweater, ready to leave the room.

"I'm not leaving dressed like this," He huffed, grabbing his uniform from one of the sofas as he hurried into the bathroom.

"Fine, just hurry." She mumbled, stepping into her office. Calliope was about to step into the hall, but something on her desk caught her attention. She stepped toward it curiously, picking up the notebook.