Chapter 8: Nightmares

The next day, Tsireya was asleep. I let her sleep, I left the hut and closed the door. I saw my parents with my baby but I didn't go up to them, I glared at them. They looked at me and then looked away. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes but I wiped them. Ronal and Tonowari came up to me and said "how are you guys?" I said "we're managing." They said "I know this is really hard watching your parents with your child but you can go take her for a little bit and I can come with you, remember you have to be supervised." I said "I can't go without Tsireya." They said "ok, no problem." We heard screaming from my hut, I ran into the hut, Tsireya was screaming. I said "what's wrong?" She was still asleep, she was having a nightmare. She kept screaming, then it turned into crying. Tsireya woke up screaming crying, I said "hey, hey, it's ok, it's ok. It was just a dream." She looked at me crying and said "it wasn't a dream. It was real." I knew what she dreamed. I held Tsireya and she sobbed into me and said "I want my baby. I-I want m-my c-child!" I put my head on her head and said "I know, I know, I want her too." That night, I snuck into my parents hut and took my child. The next morning, Jake came over and said "where is she!" Ronal said "she's with her parents!" Jake said "No! She's mine! He can't do that!" I came out and said "she's not your daughter! She's my daughter! You can't keep me from her you lunatic!" My dad came up to me and slapped me hard and said "what the hell did you just say to me!" I said "you're a fucking lunatic!" Jake came up to me and backhanded me and said "Don't you ever speak to me like that ever again!" I said "or what!? You gonna take my wife away from me too!" Jake came up to me and said "fine you wanna play that game? I'll NEVER let you see your child, your or your wife! You'll live miserable ass lives without your little girl, you will never see her grow up, and when you wanna see her I'll deny it, every fucking time! So from now on, she's MY daughter! NOT yours! Got it! You piece of trash!" He left. I was sobbing on the ground. "We'll never see her again! Fuck! This is fucked up! I hate my parents! I want my child back!" I laid there sobbing on the ground. Tsireya came up to me and said "let's go to our hut." We went to our hut. I laid on the bed sobbing. Tsireya said "I know how badly this hurts right now and it'll probably never end but I love you Lo'ak, we'll get through this." I sobbed into her and said "I love you too Tsireya!" She stroked my hair. We laid there crying. How long was this gonna last? It's like we were living in a nightmare...