~36~ Family

Troye's pov

Rain was falling down from the sky, we made it home on time. Not that it would matter that much, we were already soaked wet from the river. The others went immediately to their hotel room, but Connor decided to stay here for his last night in Australia. I know he's thinking about it, I did too. I wish I could spend my whole life by his side. Sadly, our distance doesn't allow that.

When we got home, my mom immediately brought us towels. Of course she was curious as to why we were soaked wet. So I explained her that we got lost and then had to go through the river. She remembered the river from the past when Tyde and I went there.

Surprisingly she wasn't mad at us for coming home so late and making the house dirty with our wet clothes. I guess it's just because Connor is here. She seems to really like him. But really, who doesn't?

"We are going to my room." I said, just to let them know where we were. When I looked at Tyde, he was wiggling his eyebrows, I just rolled my eyes at him. I knew exactly what he was thinking. Then I saw Sage who to my surprise didn't join Tyde, but looked rather confused.

"Connor, you may go to my room already. I will be there in a minute, I'll just grab some snacks for us." In reality I just wanted to talk to Sage though, but the thought of food sounded pretty good too.

"What's wrong?" I asked my sister who still looked a bit confused.

"It's just that... how did you get Connor through that river? You told me he's afraid of going into water since that one day."

So that's what has been bothering her. I think it's actually really sweet of her that she remembered that and immediately thought about it. She's so concerned about Connor, it looks like he's already a part of our family.

"I may have pushed him by saying I didn't want to take the longer path." I saw at her eyes that she thought it was a horrible thing for me to do. She didn't say it out loud though, letting me explain further before she jumped to conclusions.

"It helped him to face his fears, he actually wants to go swimming again now. He felt how much he missed it, how much he used to love it before."

"Troye, that's amazing!" She said enthusiastically. It made me smile too.

"I know." I said.

"C'mon go away now, you have to go to that boy of yours." She laughed.

Before going to my room, I took a stop in the kitchen to grab some food. When I finally got to my room, Connor was waiting on me. I saw he had grabbed some clothes out of my closet. It was cute to see him in my clothes, even though it was only an oversized shirt and some boxers.

"That took you long enough. Where do you hide your food? At the other side of the world?" He laughed.

"Tss no. You can blame Sage for keeping me busy."

"Are you going to keep standing there or do you want to come sit here with me and cuddle?" I wanted to make some sarcastic comment, but I can't say no to a cuddle session with Connor. So I quickly got under the blanket with him.

The fluffy blanket gave so much warmth, not forgetting the warmth of Connor next to me of course. It's not his fault that he is so hot. We just sat there for a while, cuddling and watching the raindrops fall down on the window.

"My raindrop is going to win." Connor said. I just smiled at our childish behavior. Who never saw the raindrops on a window as a competition between the raindrops? We all did it at some point.

"Nope, mine wins." I laughed when my raindrop suddenly rolled down in speed tempo.

"That isn't fair, another raindrop helped it." I just laughed, it was true. Another raindrop smelted together with mine. That's why it won.

"Do you want to get some sleep?" I asked Connor, seeing that is was already after midnight and he has to leave early in the morning.

"Mmh no, I can sleep on the plane. Can we watch a movie?" He suggested.

"Of course we can." I smiled, actually happy that he didn't want to sleep.

20 minutes in the movie Connor laid his head down on my shoulder, hugging my arm. I looked at him, the moonlight that shined through the window fell beautifully on him. His green eyes sparkled magically. Suddenly he turned his head to look at me, I felt my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment that he caught me staring. He didn't seem to mind though, giving me a peck on my lips, making my heart flutter.

When the movie ended, I knew exactly what time it was. Time for connor to leave, for him to go back to LA. Suddenly I felt really sad, when I glanced at Connor I saw I was not the only one. He was staring at his hands, afraid to look me in the eyes. I lifted his chin up with my hand, so that he had to look at me. He stood at the verge of crying. I looked him in the eyes, his beautiful green eyes where now a tear slipped out. I wiped the tear away with my finger and rested my head against his.

"I'm going to miss you so bad." Connor whispered. I just kept silent, not trusting my voice.

"We have to leave, I need to get my stuff from my hotel room." He said whilst standing up and putting on one of my pants.

"I'll drive you, my family is probably still asleep." I was wrong though. When we entered the living room, my family sat there, waiting for us.

"What are you guys doing here? Why are you awake?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"We wanted to say goodbye to Connor." Tyde spoke up for everyone.

"Connor, you're always welcome here. Don't forget that." My mother said.

"I won't. Thank you Laurelle." He smiled, the adorable thing he is.

"You're like a brother to me. I'm always here if you want to talk or if you want to complain about Troye." Sage laughed.

"Sage!" I said with fake annoyance, making Connor laugh even harder than he already was.

"Bye Connor, I think you have to go now though or you'll miss your flight. Not that I would mind you staying here longer." My dad said as last one. After that we left to pick up Connor's stuff.

"You know Troye,...." Connor spoke up, breaking the silence that had formed on our way to the airport. "Your family feels like the family I no longer have. Except for Brandon of course."

It hurt me to hear that. I can't imagine living without my parents. He has no other choice, since they don't accept him.

"It feels nice to be accepted for once, to feel loved. They're not even my parents and siblings, but it feels like that. I've never felt so sad about having to leave a place. It feels like I'm leaving home, leaving the people I love."

------------------

A/n

Ugh I'm not happy with this update. I deleted this chapter like three times to start over. Yeah whatever, it had to be a filler chapter anyway. Also this story is coming to an end soon. I'm planning on around 4 more chapters. Not entirely sure about that. We will see how it turns out and if my writers block goes away, because I want to end this story with something I'm proud of and not something like this chapter.

BYE xxx