Sunburn (Georgenotfound)

This oneshot may contain inappropriate  language. If a warning needs to be added please let me know.
-
Side note — Schools starting in a day for me so updates may be even slower than usual!
-
Warning(s) — none
-
Content Creators — Georgenotfound, Dream and Sapnap
—————————————————————
It's George's first time at a beach. Well, at a proper beach anyways. The beaches back in England aren't nearly as enjoyable. There they have rocks and pebbles that's lead into the water, here they have sand that gets uncomfortably between your toes.

As George looks around he sees families packed under different coloured umbrellas, little kids making sandcastles in the sand, teenagers swimming in the waves with their friends. George's never seen a beach so bright.

By bright, he means happy. He's never seen so many families smiling and having such a good time at the beach. He's never been to a beach where the weather is actually appropriate to swim in.

When he was younger, he, his sister, and his parents had gone to the local beach a number of three times in total throughout the years. It was... something. It was neither good or bad, it was just something that happened. He and his sister would splash in the water for a few minutes before quickly getting out as it was freezing, then they'd just sit on the hard rocks for an hour until his parents deemed it time to go home.

But now, now, he's going to be able to swim longer than five minutes. Now, he's going to be able to sit comfortably on sand, maybe even make a few castles or holes with it. Now, he's going to be able to have an enjoyable time at the beach with his two best friends in the entire world.

"You coming?" Sapnap asks George, following Dream's lead to find a good place on the sand to keep their stuff.

George blinks back to the Now, quickly closing his mouth and following along. The both of them jog after a running Dream, the sand burning the soles of George's feet. He had yelped when he first started running along the hot sand but now it's turned into giggles and laughs.

After what George feels was an hour of pain, which was probably less than two minutes, Dream chooses their spot and lies a towel down.

"Oh my god," George sighs in relief when the shade of the umbrella Dream and Sapnap set up covers his body, more importantly, his feet.

"Welcome to Florida George." Dream throws his shirt on top of the bags they brought, Sapnap doing the same thing right after. George had chucked his shirt off and stuffed it into the bag as soon as they set the towel down, he wanted to just run straight into the sea of water but of course, he had to wait.

Dream throws his arm around George's shoulders and beams down at him, Sapnap choosing to just put a hand on his shoulder, but grinning just the same. He knows they're just as excited as he his from the glint in their eyes.

"C'mon, race you guys to the water!" Dream exclaims, beelining to the ocean ahead. Obviously, George isn't going to let him win so he quickly runs after, the burning of his feet doesn't bother him as soon enough, he crashes into the water.

The first thing he notices is that it's cold but... warm? It's nice, nicer than the beaches at England. He feels as if he could stay in the water for days, it's refreshing to say the least.

He takes takes a deep breath in when he resurfaces. "Is the water always this nice?" He asks in surprise.

"Oh yeah, always." Dream answers him, splashing down into the water and floating on his back.

"I would've gone to the beach all the time as a kid if it were like this." George beams, copying Dream by floating on his back.

They stay like that for a few minutes, just in a warm silence. It's all just as George imagined back in England; Early mornings together, adventures together, shopping trips together, movie nights together, swimming at beaches together...