Part 4

A/N: See that guy? That's how I imagined Wayne is. You'll read about him in this chapter.

Rachel and her troops were furious when they knew they lost the chance to attend a Gala. Judging from their constant glares and wicked mocking towards Brianne and I, I knew they couldn't stand the fact that we beat them. They should have blamed on themselves for being immature by attacking people instead of work hard to earn those spots. I hoped they earned their lesson soon.

Practice with the seniors was amazing. Madame Giselle and the senior teacher, Madame Veronica weren't that hard on us. We would train three hours in the morning and another three during the afternoon. The theme was underwater ballet and we came up with an amazing routine. The headmistress, who came by once in a while, told that herself. The most amazing part was the costume. Our costume was in sapphire blue with laces that covered our arms. There were beads and diamonds around the bust section. Our shoes would be a lighter shade of blue and thanks to our very kind headmistress, each one of us would wear a beautiful small diamond crown which we could keep for ourselves after the performances.

"Can I come over to your room later?" I asked Brianne after our final practice. "I just didn't want to deal with Rachel's negativity before tonight."

"Sure, come over anytime. We can do mani-padi together," she answered and we began planning our outfits, make-ups, hair and accessories for the Gala.

*****

The Gala night arrived. The place was crowded and pack with men wearing stunning tuxedos and women in gorgeous gowns. Brianne and I along with the other ballerinas were getting ready behind the stage. At any time now, we would be called to come on stage and perform. To say I was nervous would be wrong, I was beyond nervous. This was my first real performance and it was in front of the Duke and Duchess themselves. How exciting!

I peeked at the tiny gap between the curtains. Everyone was seated at their table. Some were chatting, laughing and some preferred to stay silent. The royals were seated at the VIP table, right in front of the stage but a few feet away.

"Great. If I make a tiny mistake, they will notice," I sighed.

"You'll do fine, Belle," Brianne spoke beside me. She gave me an encouraging smile.

"Thanks," I smiled back.

"No problem," she replied and reached above my head to straighten the crown.

"Places, everyone! The curtain will be up in ten, nine, eight..." the floor manager said loudly.

All of us ran into our position while muttering 'good luck' to each other. My position from Brianne was quite apart. She was in the middle while I was far to her right. Of course Madame placed her in the middle. She was supposed to be the main attraction. I mentally slapped myself for thinking of that. This wasn't time to deal with jealousy. I have to focus. Taking a deep breathe, I emptied my mind and placed all my attention on the upcoming performance. I have to perfect.

"Three, two, one! Break a leg!" and the curtain was lifted up. The lights shone on us. Smiling brightly and sincerely, I took my first move when the music began to play.

****

We have performed quite perfectly. Everyone cheered and clapped their hands when our performance ended. The royals even stood up and cheered for us. That was when I realised we performed well and flawlessly. Finally, now we can join the party!

For the Gala, I changed into a long strapless black dress that hugged the curves of my body nicely. To match with the dress, I choose a silver five inch high heels and a diamond necklace for my bare chest. I let my hair down which fell right above my waist, curly. I touched up my makeup before finally joining Brianne at the next dressing room.