𝙞𝙫. 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘈𝘰'𝘯𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘕𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘺𝘢𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘸🫡
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

『𝒀/𝒏 𝑷𝑶𝑽』

I swam with Ronal as we harvested ingredients for food, some of the Sullys swimming around down below with us. I was calm, listening to the heartbeat of Eywa.

Tuk swam by and smiled at me, enjoying the water. The little girl's grin made me happy, glad she was adjusting to Awa'altu well.

I looked over to Ronal, only to find she wasn't there. My eyes drifted down to find her behind some coral watching fish swim. I made my way over to look as well, seeing Kiri on the ocean floor, seemingly controlling the fish.

Ronal turned to me, eyes slightly wider, "She is like you- a child of Eywa."

A small smile crept its way up to my face, glad I knew someone else who could appreciate Great Mother as much as I do. Kiri was definitely special, and I wanted to get to know her more- she seems like a beautiful person.

The next thing I know, hands are on my shoulders and I yelped in surprise, bubbles of air releasing from my mouth. I whipped my head around to find Ao'nung trying to hold back a laugh.

Ronal was also trying not to chuckle, a polite hand over her mouth. Sure, she was the Tsahík and strict, but she was also kind and definitely had a sense of humor.

I smacked Ao'nung's hand away, shaking my head while trying to stay as serious as possible, struggling to keep myself from grinning.

Ao'nung grabbed my hand and I looked to Ronal- as a way to ask if I was allowed to leave- who waved us away. Ao'nung wasted no time swimming off with me, dragging me closer to the surface and to a small secluded island near the edge of the reef.

We came to this island often with Tsireya when we were children, but it had been a while since we last visited.

I stood on the sand bar as I rang out my hair, sitting down on a large rock, "And why are we here, Mr. Future Olo'eyktan?"

"I wanted to talk to you," He looked down, kicking up sand, "about...us."

"Us?" I cocked my head, "What is there to talk about, Ao? I mean- I know there's the arrangement and all but I doubt that's any time soon."

He sighed and sat beside me, "That's not it, N/n. I wanted to tell you about how I feel about it because I know you're against it."

"Well, you are, too, right?" My brows furrowed in confusion when he didn't respond, "Ao'nung?"

He put his face in his hands, dragging them down, "No, Y/n. I'm not."

"Huh?"

"I'm not against it, in fact, I'm happy about it." Ao'nung spoke, he looked over at me with desperate eyes, "Y/n, I love you, and I don't just mean that as a friend."

Shocked. That's what I was.

"Ao'nung..." My expression went from shock to pity for him.