𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝟑

"Nevermore was founded in 1971 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks, and monsters. Fill in your favorite marginalized group here." Enid informed as she and Wednesday walked down the stairs, passing by a bunch of students, much to the goth girl's distaste.

The number of people walking by made Wednesday stay alert - more aware of her surroundings. She disliked being close to a cluster of people. It left her vulnerable to harm.

"You can save the sanitized sales pitch." Wednesday interrupted with an impassive look. "I don't plan on staying here for long."

"Why not?" the werewolf student inquired.

"This was my parent's idea." the goth girl stated, scowling when her attention landed on a photo. "Oh look, there's my mother smirking at me. They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan."

Enid smiled. "What plan?"

"To turn me into a version of themselves," Wednesday announced unequivocally.

Enid's smile faltered, starting to feel vaguely awkward about the situation. "Well in that case, perhaps you can clear something up." the werewolf turned around and began to walk as Wednesday followed behind. "Rumor's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled the strings to get you off."

"Actually, it was two kids, but who's counting?" Wednesday corrected, making Enid halt in her tracks in fear.

The werewolf student was starting to have some doubts about her fellow roommate. There was no repudiate that Wednesday is a morbid girl. She almost reminded her of Y/n, yet at least he was different.

And less crazy.

Enid shook her head, approaching the goth girl who stood next to the two doors that opened to the quad.

"Welcome to the quad." the werewolf said. Wednesday gazed at the place and students with her usual stoic look.

"It's a pentagon," Wednesday remarked blankly, but throwing shade in the process.

Enid let out a chortle "I have a friend who said the same thing."

"Perhaps the only perspicacious individual on this piteous building. However, I'm starting to be dubious if they are even ingenious for coming here."

"The whole snarky Goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different." the blue-eyed student stated. "Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene."

Wednesday followed behind, mentally rolling her eyes at the time being wasted on fatuous information. "I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés."

"Well, then use it to fill your obvious bottomless pit of disdain." Enid countered. "There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners, and Scales."

Wednesday simply listened - perhaps this information will be useful. As long as the blonde didn't start spouting random things.

"Those are the fangs, AKA vampires." the werewolf girl pointed at a group of students who sat on the bench table, shades covering their eyes. "Some of them have literally been here for decades."

"That bunch of knuckles heads are Furs, AKA werewolves. Like me!" Enid continued with a hint of pride in her tone. This earned the furs to howl as if the full moon was out on display. "Full moons get pretty loud around here. That's when furs wolf out - I suggest you pick noise-canceling headphones."

"I'm assuming Scales are sirens?" Wednesday commented, tepid on the details she just learned. The duo stopped in their tracks as they stared at three individuals by the fountain.