𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝟖

She was here...

Alone.

Pain-free, undemanding, and uncomplicated.

Wednesday was sentient of her state in which she laid senseless. Queer in her view - to be able to have a comprehension of one's unconsciousness.

She has been here before, a place she held no sovereignty. This void of nothing, a space where zilch resided, and she was left stranded in the vast sea of perpetual darkness.

It was an outlook the goth girl has become acquainted with, despite her meaningless remonstrance.

Because she was aware of this place and its accentuation to her with memories.

Her anthracite eyes stared at the empty void in front of her, aspiring to achieve a notion of her presence here, again. Yet she knew it was impotent to grasp a postulate - ineffectual to her aspiration - and absurd for even believing she could decipher a void.

Perhaps this was a procedure, a drill to appear here after the suspension of consciousness. However, she managed to acquire the concept of her presence always being here.

The void was linked to her visions.

Gifting her a scruple of future circumstances.

Yet, there wasn't a fleet vision appearing, everything was empty. Her finger twitched, indicating her encephalon commencing to gain consciousness. Wednesday eye's darted to her finger, but her body was still unresponsive.

A feeling of exasperation washed over her - vex how she didn't receive an inkling of her next vision. Her brows furrowed into a glare, directing it toward her hand, which was now moving. She will soon wake up shortly.

Promptly, she knew another feeling washing over her - the familiar feeling of electroshock therapy - but this time, she could feel the afterburn. Her gaze returned toward the endless sea of darkness, but her face shifted into one of confusion.

There wasn't a vision, only the void in its perpetual tenebrosity

Wednesday's mouth opened to voice her questioning, but no words were produced. She felt like a prisoner - an inmate for her body being unresponsive in here. This was almost discomfiture, to feel like a puppet.

It was then that she felt it - the stare of void gazing at her. Wednesday felt unsettling and unease, even when she has been in this situation dozens of times. The boundless emptiness of the void would have driven a normal person into a piteous state of derange.

Yet, Wednesday was different.

Even when the inestimable void gazed at her - she forbade the idea of being petrified - pushing away the unsettling and uneasy.

She reciprocated the stare, unblinking, and unyielding. The goth girl awaited an answer - a vision. There was none. No answer. No vision.

Fate soon contradicted her, causing her to believe she could have a staring contest with the void. She soon blinked. And was taken aback by what she saw the moment her eyes opened.

Two eyes were staring at her - eyeing her with an unprecedented gaze. A gaze she couldn't unravel. The goth girl felt small, tiny, and microscopic in this situation; irresolute.

Wednesday was aware of who that gaze belonged to - the detached sentiment in its pupils - apathetic in its stare. She was aware of the owner.

What left her hellaciously unsettling, was the apathetic stare soon shifting into a vehement baleful glare.

A glare not directed at her or a sentiment figure. It was aimed at something.

But before she could question the vision, she felt herself pulled back from the void.