36 - 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝

✨🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔✨

Adeline had cried herself to sleep, the tears she shed dried onto her cheeks. The forest around her came alive swallowing her up in soft leaves and setting a wildflower in her hair. Adeline felt nothing but the calming swaying and sounds of the trees, while the forest cocooned her. She was released from the protective covering not far from where Leah was searching.

Leah stumbled upon the heartbroken Adeline and picked her up. Admittedly with a struggle. She came across Sam who had offered to help, Leah stuck her nose in the air and continued carrying Adeline to where the Sincalir's set up "Home Base".

Leah walked up to Sinclairs and when Adeline's father saw her he scooped her up and held her like his life depended on it.

✨🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔✨

When Adeline woke up she was in her family's living room, not the forest like she previously remembered. She felt her hair and found a crumpled wildflower. Oddly it was the exact same one she saw in her original dream with the grey wolf. The one with Jasper in it. "Jasper," Adeline breathed. She recalled everything that happened all that she last remembered.

"He's gone. Oh my God. He really left, to protect me." She said trying to inhale. She grew angrier and angrier, not with herself but with Jasper. Her voice unintentionally grew louder as she thought harder and harder about what happened. "He left to protect me? He really fucking left to protect me! Protect me from what? The bear attacks?" her voice went quieter unsure if anyone was home, "Emmett eats bear for breakfast. Why the hell does Jasper need to leave to protect me?" Adeline found her phone sitting on the coffee table. She tried calling the one person she knew would answer: Rosalie.

She called her, it went straight to voicemail. She called Alice, nothing. She called Emmett, same thing. She didn't want to call Jasper she was enraged with him but she still loved him.

No, she told herself, only as a last resort. 

Calling Carlise in hopes that maybe, just maybe she'll get an answer. And she did.

"Adeline?" He said.

"Carlise, did you guys leave?"

"Yes," The line went silent for at least a minute.

"Why?"

"I thought Jasper told you?"

"He told me that he was 'protecting me', tell me the real reason. Please, it'll give me some closer"

"Jasper does you love you know, but he's right. We left to protect you. But the story we told everyone else, is that I got a new job in California. Unlikely I know what it's what we told people. I'm sorry Adeline, I'm sorry we left. I mean that. You truly are like our family and it hurt all of us, even Edward to leave you. We hope to return one day, but until then I wish you the best."

"Carlise," Adeline blurted out while she choked back tears, "I want to say, thank you. Thank you for picking up and telling me why. I also want to say that you guys have given me some of the best memories with all of us. So thank you."

"Your welcome Adeline. Before I have to go you should know that Jasper and Rosalie left you something at our old house. I have to go. Goodbye, Adeline."

"Goodbye Carlise." 

A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapter but more will come.