Chapter 13:Shopping

Jonah, Anya, and I piled into the car. We were shopping for a while. Jonah and I got two sets of clothes appropriate for warm weather. As well as two sets of pajamas. We got another pair of shoes, and my shoes from the past three days were wearing down. We got another pair of socks and underwear. We also got new toiletries and sweatshirts.
After we were done shopping, we sat down for lunch.
"Thank you so much," I said.
"Thank you, Anya," Jonah responds.
"It's the least I could do," Anya responds.
We began to eat.
"So what do you know?" Anya asks.
"About what?" I responded.
"Your mom."
"Well...nothing; I stopped looking through a photo album I stole from her house."
"What made you stop?"
"The fires."
"Fair enough."
After a couple of seconds, Anya pipped up again.
"Look, I'll allow you to go through the photo albums, and you can start tomorrow." She explained.
"Okay," I responded.
She then turned to Jonah.
"Have you heard from your parents?"
"No," Jonah responded.
"Keep trying."
"Okay."
We headed back to the house. I gathered my things and headed to the shower. For a moment, the world was silent. For a moment, I could just think. Once I finished my shower, I dressed and brushed my hair and teeth. When I was done, I headed into the bedroom. I was met with Jonah. He had a silent fear on his face. Like he was trying to hide it from me.
His phone was cradled in his hands, and a voicemailbox was going off. I squatted in front of him, grabbed his phone, and plated it on the side of the bed.
"We will find them," I said.
"I know."
Jonah looked off.
"It's just weird." He said.
"I know...we know she wasn't in the house."
I hugged Jonah.
"We can work on our things together once you get out of the shower," I explained.
I then kissed him. Jonah then stood up. He grabs his things and heads to the shower. I then grabbed the tote from the side of the bed. I grabbed the photo albums and then headed to the kitchen.