Chapter 38

I-What-Why?!" Kurotsuchi asked, looking around clearly very confused and trying to make some sense of the situation she was now in.

Me, for my part, was cursing inside my mind. Of all the things to come across as we moved through the Forest, we just had to find the Iwa equivalent of a Princess being chased by Gaara of all people. 'Just my luck, isn't it?'

"Princess, calm the fuck down and stop shouting," I told her, keeping an metaphorical eye out for any danger through Web Sense. Kabuto and Yoroi, for their part, were simply standing around like I told them to, ready to assist if needed. I wondered if the former was looking for a chance to do something though.

"Don't call me that!" 'Of course she keeps screaming, why wouldn't she?' I thought to myself, as I gave her my best unimpressed expression. I saw blood rush to her face, but whether it was due to embarrassment or anger, I wasn't sure.

"Anyway, we have to move," I said as I stood up and cracked my neck. We really did, not only because Gaara could get to us anytime, but also because I wanted this damn Test to be over already. "I know where your team went, more or less. So, we'll take you there and then we'll be on our-"

"Why did you help me?" She asked (more like demanded, really), taking a defensive stance that made me want to roll my eyes. It was somewhat justified, but still. I had just saved her freaking life, after all.

"Because we are the good guys and we do things out of the goodness of our hearts, of course," I replied with a wide grin, which got all three people to raise eyebrows at me. I clicked my tongue at them in annoyance. "Because you were shouting about being the granddaughter of the Tsuchikage, why else?" I answered this time. "Can you imagine the fallout we would have if you died in our village?"

"The waivers-"

"Right, because Iwa will surely care about that and not jump at the chance to declare war to Konoha," I countered instantly, not even letting her get her words out. It obviously annoyed her, but honestly, I didn't care.

I was having a very shitty day as it was, what with having met fucking Orochimaru, having gotten the thrice be damned Curse Mark on me, that still burned my shoulder even if Kabuto had helped with that, and I had to keep the company of two people that worked for the bastard still. Now, on top of that, I had to deal with this bullshit situation and I really wasn't feeling up to being understanding and patient.

If I wasn't so sure that I had dealt with the mind part of the Cursed Mark, I would have been worried. It was good that it was a three against one and I was pretty sure of our chances. Otherwise, this would have been a very bad situation to be so angry at everything.

"My grandfather wouldn't-"

"Look, I really don't care," I interrupted again, which probably wasn't helping her temper, but I could care less about that either. "We'll get you to your team, and then you can do whatever the fuck you want. I did what I wanted and avoided a war, now I just want to get to the tower and get some sleep. Now, Yoroi, get her moving and follow me. If she does anything funny, drain her."

"Sure thing, Eiji," The guy said, and I just knew he was smirking under the mask. Why, I didn't know.

"Don't touch me!" Kurotsuchi screamed as she jumped away.

'Bloodlust.'

"Princess," I spoke again with a smile on my face. "You are gonna come with us and when we find your team, I'll be very happy to not have to deal with you anymore. But I'm having a bad day so far, and I don't want to put up with your spoiled brat antics."

"How dare-" She stopped talking as my smile disappeared.

"Maybe we should have just left her," Yoroi pointed out and, for a second, I almost liked the guy.