二十 - TWENTY

NOTES ⟡ 
-

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" "  DEATH  " "

AKAZA then was finally able to tear his limbs away from the hashira, jumping up in the air as Inosuke fell to the ground.

Rengoku's sword was halfway through his neck as his limbs bled, staring at Rengoku with an infuriated expression on his face before he lands on the ground a safe distance away.

The sun had started to peak over the edge of the mountain as Akaza grits his teeth, regenerating his arms instantly as he dashed into the forest.

Tanjiro yells, hurrying to where the demon had run into the forest as he throws his sword in it.

Tanjiro yells something at the demon which you hadn't been able to hear as you stand by Rengoku's side.

The sun by now has risen as it's rays shine down on you.

Tanjiro collapses to the ground as you blink silently at him. Rengoku looked surprised as well before his face shifted into a gentle smile.

"Stop yelling already," Rengoku says softly as Tanjiro turns towards him, tears staining his eyes. "You'll reopen that stomach wound. You're badly injured, too, remember? If you die, young kamado, it'll mean I'm the loser."

Rengoku calls Tanjiro over, "Come over here. Let's talk a bit, one last time."

"You too, Y/n, sit down." He pats the spot infront of him as your eyes widen momentarily before you hesitantly sit down, Tanjiro sitting next to you.

"There's something that I remembered... while I was dreaming. You should go to my parents' home, the Rengoku residence. There should be some notes there left by the preceding Flame Hashira. My father read them often, but since I never did, I don't know what's in them. There might be some kind of record of that Hinokami Kagura you mentioned." Rengoku says towards Tanjiro as the arm in his stomach slowly disintegrates, blood immediately pooling out of the wound.

"R-Rengoku, please don't talk any more. Please stop the bleeding with a breathing technique." Tanjiro begs, "Isn't there a way to close up your wounds?"

"No. I'll be dead soon." Rengoku replies with the smile at Tanjiro who gasps.

"I'm going to talk to you two I can while I still can, so listen, will you?" He asks as you look up at him, nodding.

You didn't try save him, but you could atleast listen to his wishes.

"Tell my little brother Senjuro... to follow his heart.. and to walk down the path that he feels is right. Tell my father... that I want him to take care of himself. Young Kamado, I believe in your little sister. I accept her as a member of the demon slayer corps. I saw her bleeding as she protected the humans inside the train. Anyone who risks their lives fighting demons to protect humans... is a rightful member of the demon slayer corps, no matter what anyone else says. One more thing, Y/n L/n,"

You look up at the mention of your name, staring at the older hashira.

"I'm proud at how much you've grown. When you first joined the hashira, you never would have agreed to protect the civilians before beheading the demon. You took the job of protecting them seriously, and I thank you for that."