Chapter 18

Yoona enjoyed the music flowing through her veins, her feet moving as if they had a mind of their own while Hoseok beside her was keeping up with her rhythm. A bunch of kids were watching them in awe, eyes and mouth opened wide and most of them convinced themselves to become dancers in the future.

As the music stopped, the kids ran to them, and most of them gave their sweets to Yoona, wishing her a speedy recovery, one even complimented her for her well decorated cast. Yoona felt great, mentally thanking Hoseok for forcing her to come and dance despite her injury, and for a few minutes she totally forgot about the fact the two most important people in her life were neglecting her.

"How are you feeling now?" Hoseok asked her as they both sat down on a bench, looking at some children happily playing with each other.

"Better, distracted from everything which stressed me out this week"

"I was talking about your arm" he deadpanned with a serious face, before they both burst in laughter.

"It did hurt a bit while I was dancing, but it's okay" Yoona said, shrugging.

"But seriously, thanks for getting me to dance a bit" Yoona said, and Hoseok nodded his head in understanding.

"Things must have been rough, I bet you're not used to having only one functional arm and not two" he said, trying to lighten up her mood.

"That's the least of my worries, well, as long as the two people I value the most in my life don't have time for me" she said, the chuckle disappearing from her face as her expression started becoming gloomy.

"If you want to talk about it and if you feel comfortable doing that with me, go on, I'm a good listener" Hoseok said, patting her shoulder comfortingly.

Thank you...

"The closest person my whole life was my older brother. Even when little me felt neglected by our own parents, he was always there for me, so I'd never feel left out. He took care of me, my health and my happiness much more than our parents ever did. When our parents died, he was my legal protector until I turned 18 and the only person I relied to. I trust him blindly and I love him with my whole heart, and I'm sure he feels the same about me"

"Looks like you two really love each other a lot, that's nice" Hoseok said with a small smile, and Yoona nodded.

"The other person I'm closest to is my best friend. We've known each other since childhood, and we've always been together. Elementary school, middle school, high school, university, we've always been together, she knows me the best and I know her the best. Whenever I was having a hard time and didn't want to burden my brother, she was there to listen to my ranting, and I'd do the same when she needed to rant. We're inseparable" Yoona said, all the moments she had with Yeji flashing through her mind.

"And there's one more thing. Ever since I remember, my best friend has had a crush on my brother, ever since we were kids until now. Lately, my brother found out and now they are in a relationship. They are happy with each and I'm glad to know that, but now they barely have time for me and I'm left alone. It certainly doesn't feel nice" she said, sighing.

"Have you talked about it with them? Maybe if you tell them how you feel just like you did with me, they'll understand you and make some time from their schedule for you as well, I can imagine how you're feeling left out right now and it's a terrible feeling, I've experienced it myself once" Hoseok said, genuinely worried for this girl he had just met a few weeks ago and admired for her natural talent in dancing.

"I don't want to become an attention seeker, and since they are enjoying themselves, I don't want  to force them to spend more time with me, I'd become the party pooper then" Yoona pouted, fiddling with her fingers.

"Knowing you, you must be the one to help them to get together. They should consider giving time to you as a present to their cupid" Hoseok huffed, his sentence making her chuckle.

"I certainly hadn't thought about it like that, but it seems like a good idea to put it like that. Thanks buddy" Yoona grinned, high-fiving him.

"Get going now and talk with them, remember I'm always here when you need someone to talk to or when you need to dance it all away, let's be that kind of friends" Hoseok said, flashing her his signature bright smile, which was brighter than her future ever could be.

*three hours later

Me
Thanks for the idea Hoseok, it
worked and they both apologized
for leaving me left out
You're the best!!!

Yoona put her phone aside and grabbed her utensils, watching Jungkook and  Yeji eating as they sat side by side in front of her. The three happily chatted, and Yoona felt happier, the fear of her brother and best friend forgetting her and abruptly stop loving her anymore long forgotten as their happiness became hers too.

I was stupid to think they would just abruptly stop loving me just like my parents did...