Chapter 49

"Darling" Yoona heard a voice exclaim as she got out of the prosecutor's office, and then she felt a pair of arms engulf her tightly. If it weren't for the familiar scent of cologne, she would have pushed the person off already. But when she heard multiple footsteps nearing her, she looked up as she felt something not good was about to happen, only to be met with Yeji, Yoongi and Jimin.

"Tae? What are they doing in here?" she asked, truly not having the energy or nerve to deal with any of them besides him.

"Umm, when you called me I was with Jimin and he heard everything, then he immediately told Yeji, and the latter told Yoongi. And we ended up coming here altogether" Taehyung said, scratching his nape awkwardly. He felt a bit guilty for letting them tag along, as he knew Yoona wasn't comfortable around either of them.

"What is going on, hun? Why are you here?" Yeji asked curiously, rubbing Yoona's shoulder comfortingly despite the fact she had zero idea what had happened. The action made Taehyung jealous as he wrapped his arms around the blonde girl, totally pushing Yeji off her.

"Her brother, Jeon Jungkook is wanted by the police. We had young miss here to give a statement regarding his whereabouts" the prosecutor said as he also got out of his office, Jackson trailing behind him.

"First, let me correct you, Jungkook is not her biological brother, she was adopted. Second, hun, I just knew he wasn't good news! See? I was right!" Yeji said, giving Yoona the urge to roll her eyes to the back of her skull but she held back. She wasn't in the mood to get into another fight that day. Meanwhile, prosecutor Kim and Jackson had their eyes wide from shock.

"And why do we get to know of this only know?!" the two of them raised their eyebrows at Yoona, while the girl just shrugged nonchalantly.

"You never asked me about that" she said, with the most serious expression she could master in that moment.

Yoongi was trying so hard to hold back his laughter, both in amusement as he found her remarks really funny and in pride because he felt she had taken after him, after her real biological brother of blood and flesh. Even in that situation where Yoona needed consoling the most, he was only thinking about when was he taking her in, without even stopping even once to think whether she truly wanted that or not. Of course, Yeji continuously talking bad things about Jungkook and the bond Yoona shared with him in Yoongi's ear played its part in driving her insane, as instead of giving her helpful advice, Yoongi only thought about getting back his long lost sister home and nothing else mattered to him.

"Since you have no one else home, why don't you come over at my place? Let's go, then I'll wait for you outside so you can feel free to do whatever you want then" Yoongi said, flashing her a bright gummy smile with his pearly white teeth.

"Don't bother coming over, i don't have any energy left to pack right now so I'll just crash on the bed. First thing I'll do tomorrow morning is pack all my stuff, eat breakfast and then I'll just come over, I have nothing else to do as it's weekend" Yoona shrugged half-heartedly as she already regretted her decision of accepting Yoongi's offer. Then she grabbed Taehyung's hand and went away, leaving the others behind.

"Are you sure you want to move in Yoongi's place?" Taehyung asked meekly, already knowing what her answer would be.

"Nah, I just am too drained to deal with him and Yeji at this point so I'm letting them do whatever they want. Is it wrong of me to let them have their way like this?" Yoona wondered aloud, turning to look up at her boyfriend with questioning eyes.

"It's not right, but it's not wrong either, love. Of course it's your life and only you get to decide how you live it, but you also have the right to feel tired, that's how life is anyway. You can always rest, I'll be there to comfort you and when you're ready to face life again I'll walk by your side so  you never feel alone. I'll always be there for you, okay?" Taehyung mumbled, a soft smile on his face as thousands of insecure thoughts flooded his mind.

What if she found all this talk cheesy?

What if I chose the wrong words to say?

Did I give her a wrong advice?

How does she look at me right now?

Taehyung felt like fiddling with his fingers so bad, but he knew better than doing that in front of his love, especially now that she needed comfort. She didn't need also his problems and insecurities, that's something he should deal with himself as she was the one and only priority.

"Thank you for the comforting words, Tae, you managed to make me feel a bit better, even though I'm still sad about Kook. Shall we go now?" Yoona grinned, sticking her hand out for him to grasp, which he gladly did.

"Pizza's on me and end of discussion" he yelled.

"I wasn't going to object" Yoona snorted under her breath, rolling her eyes slightly with the sole purpose of annoying him.

If I act like this, he won't worry about me and think I'm okay...

Author's note

I'm finally back from the dead, lol. It's been a while since I last updated this story, but I sincerely hope you guys aren't gone. School life has been hell and even worse, and I barely evem had free time at all, which was gladly spent in napping. I'm happy I was able to find some time and write a chapter, but I got no promises that I'll be back with updating daily.

I APOLOGIZE!!!!!!!

I'mma take my leave now, hugs and kisses from ur lovely author-nim💜