Chapter 3

Being the oldest sibling was the best and worst job EVER. You had to watch over your little siblings making sure they didn't do anything stupid but when they did you would either take the blame or be blamed. Or when your siblings are being bullied you had to become the bigger bully to protect them. Last of all when your siblings were in danger you had to step up and put them first, try to protect them until you physically can't.
    The two choices I had was one, Keep running until you gave up and both of you get caught, or two, put Tuk down and tell her to run so fast she felt like she was gonna fly and not look back while you stalled the avatars.
     I chose the second option. I ran behind a tree and sat Tuk down and told her to run until she was back at the cave, and to not look back no matter what. As soon as Tuk began to run I came out from the tree and began to shoot at whatever came my way. I hit a few avatars taking them down but when I hid behind the tree again I noticed I was low on ammo.
     "Oh shit" I said to myself realizing my fate was soon to come. I then had an idea. Without thinking I ran towards another tree and began to climb it. I was shooting the last few bullets when I made it to the top. I hid in the branches of the tree and began to cry before I peeked out to see how many avatars were left. I counted 6. The tree tops all of the sudden started to sway when I heard the chopper they arrived in crank up. The avatars below me looked up with horror on their faces at the chopper leaving. They were being left behind. Arrows started flying at the avatars, it was my mothers arrows. Three of the avatars were left standing but my father came out from behind a tree and killed one with his knife and shot the others with his gun. I was relieved that my parents hadn't forgotten me. I looked down to my parents who already climbing up the tree.
     I was shaking so hard I swear the tree shook. I had over done it with my leg to save my sister. I could also barely see with all of the tears falling from my eyes I was in pain and in shock. My dad and mom hugged me tight and then dad picked me up from the tree and jumped down. I could see blood seeping through my bandages so I put pressure on it with my hands. I clinched my jaw at the pain, more tears came out of my eyes.
     "I know sweetie. I know" dad said to me stroking the side of my face as he did before when I first got my injury, he was trying to comfort me but it wasn't working. I cried myself to sleep in his arms.
I woke up as we landed back in the cave, dad took me back to my tent and laid me down. He called in grandmother to help with my wound, grandmother walked in and mother followed. After they were done addressing my wound grandmother sat beside me while mom and dad went out to go speak to people about something. After sometime I fell asleep laying my head in grandmothers lap.
-time skip-
I woke up to mother and father walking into my tent and bringing me food, they sat down beside me with sad expressions on their faces.
"What's wrong?" I asked confused.
"You're not gonna like what you're about to hear so prepare yourself." Mom said while wrapping her arm around me.
I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to hear.
"We decided that it was best that we leave home and travel over seas to escape from the people that are hunting us down. It is a decision we don't want to make but we have to, to protect our family. We will leave tomorrow." Dad said with a sad look on his face.
    I didn't say anything, I just stared at them with an emotionless expression on my face. I knew this was coming but I didn't expect it to happen now. I didn't have the courage to say anything because I remembered I had to stay strong for my siblings. All I could do is nod. I may have acted like I didn't care on the outside but on the inside I was dying. I didn't want to leave home but I knew I couldn't do anything about it. I laid face down silently weeping trying to clear my mind but all I could think of was leaving home. I just laid there all night dreading for the upcoming events.