Dead Signals and Ghosts

Planesh system, 2183, November 14th

Planesh system, 2183, November 14th. 07:00

     Tali Paced on the scout ship her team had been assigned. Thoughts raced through her mind as she continued to worry. Would he show up? What would she do if he didn't? What if the geth were waiting when they got here? What if there were no geth at all, and she had wasted his time asking for assistance? What would Shepard do? He'd tell her it was a good call, and she'd learn more about him if nothing else. Maybe not that she thought, but it was close. She missed Shepard, he'd helped her so much, and it felt like she had just been a liability. After they'd exposed Saren, she hadn't thought she contributed much. She loved talking with Garrus, and Kaiden always ensured she was treated fairly. The Normandy was gone, and it felt like her home was gone. 

     She needed to distract herself. These thoughts weren't going to help her right now, so she refocused on figuring out how much trouble they were in. The geth had pushed them out of the system over 288 years ago and then vanished back behind the Perseus Veil and likely wouldn't have seen the need for the outpost, but Saren had gotten a fleet of geth to follow him and attack the citadel with the help of a Reaper. So now they were here to retake the relay outpost with only six people. Tali now had a headache from trying to analyze if the geth were at the station, so she tried to call Thomas on the slipspace communicator. After a second, he answered.

     "Thom? This is tali."

     Thomas was sitting in the cockpit of the prowler, listening to a remix of a couple of songs. Apparently, the crew on board the Eternity ran through all the stored music onboard and decided to mash some of them together, and it wasn't that bad. He answered Tali once he saw her message.

     "I read you, Tali. I'm approaching the system now. Please advise on a rendevous point."

     Tali was near the cockpit by this point and asked the pilot 

      "Anything on sensors?"

     He replied quickly 

     "No, ma'am. We're approaching the asteroid belt, and we can deploy a shuttle down to Ket'osh from there."

Tali was confused. Obviously, Thomas wasn't close if he wasn't on sensors.

     "Thom, we'll be at the asteroid belt. Meet us at these coordinates."

     "Copy"

     As the Quarians moved into position, they still could not pick up the Spartan and his vessel concerning Tali. Wondering where he could be, Tali contacted the Spartan again.

     "Thom, we have reached the rendezvous point. What's your ETA?"

     "I've been waiting on you to get here, Tali. It's been boring staring at a bunch of rocks."

     Tali was annoyed now. She knew he had to be lost or in the wrong system.

    "Thomas, sweetie, are you sure you're not lost? I'm looking out the window and the sensor monitor, and you're not here."