CHAPTER ONE

ೃ⁀➷ episode one ೃ⁀➷

☄. *. ⋆

"I'm a feminist, but really? Leaving us ladies to do all the work?" Sabine complained, placing her hands on her hips. She had her sunglasses over her eyes, but she was still squinting due to the sun. Leia, Sabines twin sister, had followed their dad inside to their grandparents, leaving her mom and sister to do all the work.

"We can handle it, baby," Donna said picking up the first bag.

Sabine looked her struggling mother up and down and hummed.

"Whatever you say," She mumbled, taking a bag from the boot of the car and following her mother up the driveway and to the front door.

They stumbled in the door, Donna going in first.

"Don't worry, honey. I got it," She said heading up stairs. Sabine grumbled behind her, placing her bag at the end of the stairs, too lazy to make the journey up to her aunt Laurie's old room.

"Sab! My beautiful other grandbaby!" Kitty squealed, jumping up and down, immediately pulling her into a hug. Sabine didn't question it, holding her grandma tight.

When she finally let go, she looked over to her grandpa, Red. He winked at her and she grinned.

"You owe me twenty bucks!" He said pointing at her. Sabine shook her head.

"Not true. They won that game fair and square. You owe me twenty," Sabine fought, crossing her arms over her chest.

Red shrugged, "Agree to disagree,"

Sabine sighed and took her wallet out of back pocket. A cigarette was stuffed in there and she quickly hid it, getting questioning looks from all three adults in the room.

"Here's two bucks," Sabine said watching the dollars around.

Red snatched it up.

"Our grand daughter is not a pimp, Red," Kitty said, bringing Sabine down to the couch to sit between Eric and her.

"I'm just giving back, Grandma. Karma is a real thing," Sabine nodded.

After getting settled in, Sabine walked up to her room for the weekend. She lay down on the bed and threw her sunglasses somewhere on the floor.

She leaned down under the bed and took the cigarettes she hid under here at easter a few months ago.

"Come to Mama," She sighed, placing the cigarette in her mouth and then lighting the ends of it.

Leia knocked on the door, Sabine cursed quickly putting the cigarette out in her jacket and then throwing it out the window.

"Sab? Wanna shoot some hoops?" Leia asked, opening the door slightly. Sabine was still trying to move the smoke out the window, so it looked like she was doing some interpretative dance. Leia gave her a look, but didn't say anything.

"Sorry, just uh practicing some Goth dances. Need to know my culture," Sabine lied, scratching the back of her neck. Leia snorted and nodded.

"Come on, let's go before it's too hot to play,"

☄. *. ⋆

"Hey, we're going to go shoot some hoops," Leia said as her and Sabine walked into the kitchen. Sabine had put her sunglasses back on and Leia had the basketball in her hands.

"Is she one of those gothic girls now?" He asked, looking down at his paper.

Sabine pouted, "I'm expressing myself," She said, messing with the rings on her fingers.

"Surely you don't need your grandmothers cross necklace to do that?" Red asked, Sabine rolled her eyes.

"It's the vibes, grandpa. You wouldn't understand,"

Eric stood up and placed an arm around both of his girls.

"Girls, tell your grandparents what we're doing this summer," He said enthusiastically.

"Oh we're going—"

Their dad interrupted obviously more excited about this then them.

"We're doing to Huntsville, Alabama, for a little father-daughters Space Camp," Eric said, leaning against the chair.

Sabine grinned, "Yay! So fun," She said with fake enthusiasm that Eric didn't seem to get.

"It's going to be the three of us. For two weeks...." Leia trailed off, looking at Sabine. Sabine shivered dramatically.

Eric imitates radio static and leans over to Sabine and Leia, "Houston, permission to have fun, over,"

Neither of the girls answered. So he did it with more dramatic effect.

Donna smiled at Sabine.

Sabine put the pretend radio to her mouth and hummed, "Permission granted," She imitated.

She loved seeing their dad happy. But space camp? Really? Sabine wouldn't last two days at space camp. She can hardly remember her name, let alone anything scientific.

Leia looked to her mom for help and luckily she got the memo.

"Okay, Leia, Sabine, go shoot some baskets," Donna said, pointing the back garden.

The girls got out there as fast as they could.

☄. *. ⋆