Chapter II: A Different kind of Smart

---3rd POV - Ezekiel's POV---
---Underground - 6:42 A.M.---
---Tuesday - August 3rd, 2019---
---18 Days After Contact with Rainbow---

Ezekiel would be in his underground makeshift kitchen, still under renovation from procrastination and laziness. He loved his above ground job more, but he also knew he had to get this done. He was on his hands and knees, finishing the installment with Ezena on the oven. It probably wasn't the best idea, but with a ventilation system and fire extinguishers, Ezekiel felt safe as he installed this equipment. Ezena was doing most if not all of the heavy work, helping Ezekiel ease up even with his stubbornness to do things himself. He was right now trying to push the oven all the back, but he knew where this would end. "Ezekiel, no. What did I say about pushing, moving, or pulling? Let me do that for now, you still need to heal." He'd grumble under his breath, making Ezena softly chuckle as Ezekiel pulled back.

"I wish I wasn't so weak! I'd be able to do all this!" He'd toss the wrench he had in hand to the floor, anger and humility clinging to his coat as Ezena sighed.

"You are strong Ezekiel, it's not weak to ask for help when injured. It's not your sole responsibility to do everything. Please, remember we are family, we help each other." He'd nod softly, feeling her metalic hand placed upon his left shoulder. He'd put his right hand atop hers, smiling softly as he closed his eyes and breathed in. He exhaled, letting go of his pride as a man and being humble as he softly spoke up.

"Thank you for reminding me, what would I do without you?" She'd smile on her AI panel image, which Ezekiel returned back as he looked to the exit of the kitchen. Past that door led to the main room o fhis entire base, which led to the outer railways of the abandoned train railways. He'd gone for 8 years building this place, scrounging all he coudl with help from many others. Today was Reunion day, wasn't it? He wondered who'd show up, and he'd be able to show them all thar he's achieved form their hard work. He was grateful that the Lord gave him people that wished to help, and they also kept his identity secret! Plus they were peers, related ages and had the same thing as him in passion: helping others. While he was the vigilate on the streets, his friends were the ears and eyes of his outstretched work. And they all had their own professions. Now, he had to remember their names, he never would never forget them: Raymond Charles, Coby Gunther, Hardey Helmi, Spiros Ismail, Quinzel Francis, Devana Rorlett, Natalie Kenya.

They were friends he had gained through the years, having been around long enough to all know each other and do amazing things. He wished he wasn't the only one down here, but they had lives unlike him. His ended, their's was just beginning, and he was determined to keep them safe from dark people out there. While it was only 6:52 now, within an hour he'd soon see his friends, and he was more than happy to greet them. He'd have to prep a meal, test out everything that he'd spent the last hour installing. It took a few minutes to make sure everything worked, but to his surprise nothing imploded! He'd smile like a five year old, holding his head high as Ezena began to pull out meal items. They had spent time into buying a few luxury groceries, and today would be the day they were put into use. Oh how he couldn't wait to make a real meal and stop surviving on fast-food from now on.

"Do you wish to make delicious green beans and rice with steak as the main meal?" Ezekiel couldn't help but get smiling, he had a real meal in so long it was unreal. He'd been surviving off of fast-food, cereal, and anything that didn't expire afte rbeing open and needing to be refrigerated or frozen. He was the luckiest man alive, and for the next 45 minutes Ezena and him would cook a seasoned and very refreshing meal for the first time in over eight years. A Family dinner, with family he knew.

The crew would arrive shortly, punching in the secret code to a hidden keypad in the wall. When they entered, the aroma of seasoned steak, green beans, and rice would flood their nostrils with a delicate smell. One that gave them a delicious appetite as Ezena would greet them with her AI image. "Good morning Quinzel; Spiros; Hardey, Coby; Devana; Natalie; Raymond." And each one responded back in that order.