♡ I ♡

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝑒𝓁𝒹 𝓉𝓇𝒾𝓅

Sitting in the old school bus, trees and buildings flying by, I was stuck thinking about what was going on back at camp. I couldn't wait to see my siblings and friends again, being in a mortal school I had very rarely been able to IM them. I smile at the thought of what the Stoll brothers would have been up to in the past few months. Nothing good, of course.

I was disrupted from her thoughts as I heard Percy mutter angrily beside me, "I'm going to kill her," and I looked to where he was glaring. Nancy Bobofit was throwing wads of peanut butter and ketchup sandwiches at my Satyr friend, Grover's, head. The ingredient combination was enough to make me gag, and I narrowed her eyes at the red head.

She was almost the red-haired version of Regina George, with a stupid smirk and a resting bitch face. I squeezed Percy's arm gently to calm him down, "Your already on probation, Percy. One more strike and you'll get suspended."

Grover nodded beside him, "Besides, it's okay! I like peanut butter." It was true, he loved it, as much as enchiladas, but I doubted he did when it was in his hair. I sighed as I looked back outside, where miserable, dull clouds churned around in the distance, a storm brewing in the skies.

The weather had been like this for a while now, freak hurricanes and earthquakes across the country, and it was rare that we had a day without some kind of rain slamming down onto the campus of Yancy Academy.

I was once again taken out of my thoughts by Percy, who was halfway through getting up to stop Nancy with force. Grover and I quickly pulled him back, and I shook my head. "Percy, what did I say earlier? You are on probation! Anything happens on this trip and Mrs Dodds will be delighted to shove the blame onto you."

I was right, we all knew it. Mrs Dodds was one of those teachers with a deceiving smile and no care for the students – apart from Nancy, who was, in her eyes, an angel.

After what seemed like forever the bus spluttered to a stop and I thanked the gods that I could finally get off the mouldy, broken seats. I groaned as the sunlight hit my eyes, and looked to my left where Percy was blinking rapidly, which made me have to hold back a snort.

After a very boring tour and a little sneak peek of 'The Percy Jackson Questionnaire,' hosted by Mr Brunner, everyone went outside for Lunch. Grover, Percy, and I all sat as far away from the rest of the school as possible, not wanting to be associated with kleptomaniacs and misfits that were our classmates. Chiron had the same idea, parking himself by the handicapped ramp and pulling out an umbrella and novel, turning his wheelchair into a motorized café.

I groaned as I saw Nancy and her ratty friends make their way over to us, but before I could do anything she dumped all her food into Grover's lap. "Oops." She said innocently, an arrogant sneer on her face. Percy got up from his seat and, trying to stop him from doing anything he would regret, I did the same, but he shoved me out of the way.

And then, it was as if the world slowed down. The water rose from the fountain, swirling around in the air as it lunged at Nancy, grabbing her, and pulling her into the marbled basin. I gasped in shock as it settled back down to normal, and I stared at Grover in shock.

He was staring right back at me, and we were both thinking the same thing, how could a random demigod with no training manage to do that?

But it did not matter, and Nancy's wails filled the courtyard, "PERCY PUSHED ME!" and fake tears pooled in her eyes. Panicking, I looked around and cursed as Mrs Dodds made her way over to us.

I heard some of the kids around us whispering, 'did you see?' 'The water-' 'like it grabbed her!' As soon as Mrs Dodds made sure Nancy was okay, she turned to glare at Percy.

"Now, honey-" She started, but he interrupted her, and I shook my head rapidly to get him to shut up.

"I know, a month erasing textbooks." He grumbled, and I winced, that was not the right thing to say.

"Come with me." The teacher demanded, and I knew I had to do something.

"Wait, Mrs Dodds, it was me. I pushed Nancy." All I knew was she was a monster, and that was enough motive for me to take the fall. After all, I had been at camp for as long as I could remember, if it came down to it, I had a much better chance at beating her than Percy did.

She growled, "I don't think so, Miss Lewis."

"But-"

"You. will. Stay. here!"

I looked at Percy desperately, and he shook his head. "It's okay," He said, offering me a smile, "Thanks for trying."

I did nothing but stare as the hag led him into the museum before Grover shook me out of my daze. "Come on, we have to get Chiron before he gets hurt." It was a struggle to get his attention discreetly, but eventually we manage to hit the ground next to his wheelchair with an apple core.

He looked over at us, surprised, and Grover mouthed 'Percy!' and pointed to the museum entrance, where he immediately understood and wheeled into the building, his book long forgotten. I fiddled with the golden bangle around my wrist, which could morph into a bow and quiver full of arrows whenever I needed it.

After what felt like hours, Percy finally came out, breathless and a look of horror on his face. I frowned, a symphony of emotions on my face before I covered it up. He walked back over to us and scowled at Nancy.

"I hope Mrs Kerr whipped your but." She grumbled, and I pursed my lips, so that's what we're going with?

"Who?" Percy asked, perplexed.

"Our teacher, duh." Nancy responded, then she and her friends stormed off and I scoffed at their ignorance.

"Where's Mrs Dodds?" Percy asked us. Grover looked to the ground, to hide his guilty look, so I had to do the lying. Like always.

"Percy, who's Mrs Dodds?" I asked, feigning a look of confusion.

He laughed nervously, "Not funny, Val."

I just gave him a puzzled stare. Sighing, he went over to Chiron, and I could vaguely hear him asking the same thing to the teacher. Slowly, he handed back a familiar ballpoint pen before he trudged back over to us.

------------

Word count: 1134

I don't know how I feel about this chapter and its so short and it's probably going to go over HEAVY editing when I'm done with the book but for now, I'm just happy I got it done.

Anyways, what do you think of Val? Originally her character was kind of a bitch, but she started sounding like a pick-me, so I changed it.

QotD:

Who is your favourite PJO character? (Including HoO + ToA)

Bye lovelies xoxo