27.

Gordon Lachance pov:

"Mhm. I'm sorry, it's terrible." "It really is unfortunate." I walked down the stairs and heard my mother speaking to someone outside the door. I walked past them but she stopped me. "Gordon, we have some news to tell you and you aren't going to like it but I want you to know that it's okay to not be okay." "Okay?" I walked to the door and saw a police officer there. "Your best friend, I believe, died yesterday afternoon. Chris was walking across the the railway when he got to the part that went over the river. He took a photo, on this camera." He pulled out a camera. "And we think that it was moments after that he slipped and fell into the lake. His body was pulled out lifeless and cold. I'm sorry." He handed the camera to me. My jaw dropped. I couldn't talk, move or even cry. "Gordon, it's alright." I screamed and fell to the floor. "No. No no no. You're lying. He isn't dead." I chocked kn my words. Tears wouldn't stop pouring out of my eyes. My mother kneeled down next to me and stroked my back. "It's okay, it's okay." I looked at the camera. He was there holding a comb on the train tracks. The icy train tracks. I started to hyperventilate. I stood up and ran outside of the house. There was one place I needed to go and that was Chris's house.

"Where is he?" I ran inside Chris's house and looked around for him. "He's not dead. He isn't." Eyeball grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. I broke down and my legs turned to jelly. He sat down on the floor. I cried on to his shoulder. "He's not dead!" I shouted. "Sshh. You're okay." He began to cry as well. He rubbed my back in circles which calmed me down. "It's not fair." "I know it's not, Gordie." "It's not.." Everything suddenly went black.