Chapter twenty-one,

I'm really known for the late night updates. that's crazy.

I'm sleepy as hell though, I'm finna gts. 🥴🤣

❦❦❦

Asanté folded his hands on top of the table, his eyes lazily drifting from each sign that was on the wall. He sucked his teeth and got up from the chair, until the heavy metal door opened.

His brother dressed down in a red jumpsuit, chains wrapped his waist while cuffs were bound to his wrists and ankles. Dante's head jerked back in surprise as he laid eyes on his baby brother.

Asanté slowly sat back down, keeping his focus on his brother. The correctional officer unlocked the cuffs and walked out of the room, leaving the brothers alone.

Dante sat down across from him, an amused look on his face as he looked over Asanté. "Damn, my baby fucking brother," he chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. "Hell must've froze over, cause I thought you would never come to see me,"

Asanté remained quiet, sporting an unamused expression. "Wouldn't take a phone call from me, write me a letter back—nothing. Not that I expected you to, just would've been nice to talk to my brother," Dante continued, half-shrugging.

"What makes you think that I want to talk to you, Dante? I don't have shit to say to you, I'm only here because of something that you got me into," Asanté clenched his jaw, the anger slowly building up inside of him as he sat across from the one person who made his life hell.

Asanté was usually a forgiving person. He tried to give people a chance at redemption, however, Dante didn't deserve his forgiveness. He was possibly going to die because of his brother's actions.

While he tried to keep a positive mind, deep down he was starting to feel pessimistic about his situation. The other night when Luvie told him that he may have been mentally scarred by what happened to Jaliyah, he actually agreed with her.

He never completely got over it, he was happy that Jaliyah was well and doing good in life, but he hated that he was the cause of her being stripped away from the life she knew in Georgia.

He couldn't let the same thing happen to Luvie. And although she kept reassuring him that she wasn't going anywhere or that she didn't care about his situation, it didn't make him feel any better.

Asanté was more on edge than usual. Even though Blaise seemed to have gotten over his attempt at leaving, in the back of his mind, he felt as if Blaise was secretly plotting to kill him when he least expected it.

Dante subtly nodded his head, averting his gaze downward at the table. "I'm sorry, man," he finally apologized, folding his hands together. "I've been a terrible brother to you, you have every right to be pissed at me. I've done a lot of fucked up shit growing up man, if I could take it all back, then I would,"

Asanté sucked his teeth and waved him off, "I didn't come up here for no half-ass apology from you. You can apologize for all of the shit you've done but that ain't gone fix the fuckin' damage, I don't forgive you and will never forgive you. I can't enjoy my relationship cause I'm fuckin' terrified of the thought my girl getting caught up in my shit—shit that didn't even have nothing to do wit' me in the first place," Asanté pointed his finger at him, lowering his eyebrows, his anger intensifying by the second.

Dante slowly met his brother's intense gaze, "That Luvie girl, right? Ma' told me about her," he replied, Asanté frowning in response.

"The fuck that gotta do wit' either of y'all?"