0 | The New World

System loading... Soul entering body in 3, 2, 1...

Welcome to the new world. Let's give it a proper ending!

"System, where are we now?" Seraina tried to speak to the System several times, but there was just an unnerving silence in the mind's space and a feeling of emptiness. This was something new; the System had never left her side, so she knew that something was wrong.

'Maybe it disappeared when that explosion happened in the System world...'

Seraina was becoming worried, and for a while, she didn't know what to do. Since she had become a Host, the System had always been there to guide her and help in any way it could. So having it disappear was confusing and a little troubling. However, as an experienced Host, Seraina gave up trying to figure out what had happened and stood up to assess her surroundings.

This World's plot was now something she did not know about, so she had to play it by ear, and work out on her own what needed to be done. This was an easy world, so nothing too bad should happen, or there wouldn't be any unexpected surprises.

Standing before a floor-to-ceiling window, a light breeze rustled the long, white, gauzy curtains, and brushed over Seraina's skin, making her more relaxed. From what could be seen, the house was backed by a large field that seemed to stretch on for miles, and beyond that, a forest that had a darkness that contrasted with the blue skies above.

"Hmm, I should be in modern times in this world," mumbled Seraina. This could be seen by the clothes she was wearing and the style of the room. "It's been a long time since I've been in a time I'm familiar with."

She couldn't remember how long she had been a Host, but she could recall the first time she was selected to enter the Novel Worlds and was tasked with giving them a proper ending. Of course, it was never easy thanks to the Plotters, who were trying to mess up the stories and make sure they were never complete.

The Hosts and the Systems - not even the Main System - knew why they had so much against the completion of a story, but it was a fact that they couldn't let the Plotters get away with ruining a story.

As a Host, it was Seraina's job to enter these worlds and play as one of the characters to straighten out any Plotter's doings and bring the plot to an ending that was satisfactory. It had been smooth sailing so far, and she hoped it would stay that way.

There was someone waiting for her to finish her work as a Host, after all. And the sooner she could return to her original world, the better.