|♢| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 |♢|

In the deep distance, a lyre was struck, its chords gently strumming as a beautiful melody rang out, the lyrist humming a beautiful melodic tune, her voice as soft as that of the angels. The tune was in deep contrast to the grim building, halls filled with gray, the only change from color being various banners and paintings littered across, all referent to a single person, to a single organization.

???: "Hm~ Hm~ Hm~ Hm~"

A woman sang out in the distance, a cloth filled with patterned holes accustomed her face, a pair of wings adorning her head piece, yet, her eyes always remained closed. She dressed elegantly, her entire being radiating a sort of elegance that was imposing, she looked completely harmless. Her hair had tints of purple and rose, yet, something in her mannerisms, the way she spoke, there was something off about her, something incredibly wrong, like a pure malice irradiated from her very being.

???: "Hm~ Hm~ Hm~ Hm~ Who makes their way towards me, i wonder~?"

Despite her apparel covering her eyes and her lyre numbing out any sound around her, her senses were still sharp. Indeed, a pair of footsteps soon approached her, she could almost sense the fear in them, the worry in their every step, their anxious breathing, she could feel it all. Safe to say she was amused, entertained, finding some sort of twisted pleasure of the fear of those around her.

???: "Hm~ Hm~ Hm~ Hm~ Isn't it but my most trusted servant, Y/n~. Or perhaps I should call you.. Brighella, Hm~?"

Y/n: "My mistress, preparations for my departure have been set. Expect me to be ready in the next day, i still have but most important duties left in Snezhnaya, if you would provide me with your utmost kindness-"

???: "Hm~ Hm~ Hm~ Hm~ I'm afraid there won't be a possibility, my most loyal servant~ I have already spoken and I believe you are forgetting your part of our deal, Hm~?"

She stopped playing her lyre, her demeanor changing. No longer did she look tranquil, instead, she opened her eyes, her entire demeanor changing from unnerving to completely sadistic. She had a smirk on her face, a smirk that showcased her power, her very nature above that of them, above that of everyone else's.

???: "Let you not forget that you belong to me, my most loyal dog. Remember that lest you suffer a rather horrible fate."

Her smirk was now sadistic, she looked down upon them like they were nothing more than a mere insect below her heel. Something she could crush, something she could manipulate, something she could put in a glass cage for her own twisted amusement.

Y/n: "....Yes, my mistress, I shall depart to Mondstadt right aw-"

???: "Before you depart, my most loyal dog, let us observe if you remember our agreement. Tell me, Brighella, what is my name?"

Y/n gulped, feeling their nerves rack up deep inside their spine. Physically, they looked much stronger than her, yet they were absolutely sure, with no doubt whatsoever, that she was much stronger than them. That they truly were nothing more than a mere ant waiting to be crushed under her heel, something to fall apart even under her own sheer gaze. A true state of servitude by fear.

Y/n: "..Your name, my mistress, is

Columbina, The Third of the Fatui Harbingers."

_____________________________________

Somewhere, over the lush forests of Mondstadt.

???: "Amber! Search the perimeter!"

A light-blue haired woman shouted, her attire formal yet not nearly as menacing, her voice was potent, yet there was a slight hint of insecurity in her voice. She seemed to be a captain of sorts, a symbol stood in her tie, it commanded authority across those lands, much different from the cold and harsh climate of Snezhnaya.