3. What about him?

The winter break went by very quickly. Nothing interesting happened.

Ah! Except for one thing. My aunt moved in with us for a while because of her work with her two children.

I have two cousins. One is 9 years old, his name is James. The other is 5 years old and her name is Layla.

I was glad that I wouldn't be alone. True, I have Sara here, but she prefers to hang out with Felice. And my mother works quite a lot. So I thought a little company couldn't be so bad.

Ah... I was wrong. Since everyone is busy, I have to take care of the children. It's quite strange to say that, because officially I'm still a child. But it's even weirder to take care of two children who are constantly busy.

Simon's day with the two kid
I slept quietly in my bed. Finally, I wasn't thinking about Will. I had a pretty peaceful dream.

Of course, all good things come to an end, but that's not how I imagined it. James and Layla specifically jumped on me.

-Sim! Come on, get up-laughed Layla
- Yes! We're bored! - James joined in
"Five minutes?" I asked. I guess they won't let me sleep yet. Why would they?
-No! We want to play!- Oh shit.
-OK it is good. I'm coming - I tried to get out of bed. Phew, I've never had a morning like this before.

-Go and pack up in your room while I change my clothes!- I tried to get them to leave my room so that I could change my clothes as I was standing here in front of them in only a pair of sweatpants.

Last night they left a big mess. Since they were quite sleepy, I didn't scold them with this. I'm (as everyone knows) pretty lazy, so I didn't feel like tidying up.

They nodded and walked out of my room.
I quickly grabbed a hoodie and another warmer (because why not) and followed them.

- As I can see, the packing didn't go very well - I laughed. The two small kids were sitting in the middle of the messy room and did nothing.
- I'll help you - I started packing

After a while

We are here in the kitchen and I am trying to put together some breakfast. Well, I gave up.
I found a muesli box on one of the shelves.

-How about eating muesli for breakfast instead?
-Good for me!
-Me too!
- It's fine, I'll bring it right away.
I put the breakfast in front of them and was about to sit down on the couch but someone rang the bell.
-Ahhh. I'm coming! I shouted

As soon as I opened the door, I saw a red-haired boy standing in front of the door. He jumped right in. He's the new neighbor. Ace. We met a few days ago and he seems like a pretty cool guy. We got along pretty good.

- Hi.. How are you here? - I asked
- Uh.. I thought I'd ask if I could help with something. I saw through the window that the child care was not going well- he said quite awkwardly.
-Okay. I would need it anyway - I awkwardly scratched the back of my head.
-Come in calmly

- James, Layla. This is Ace, a good friend of mine. He will also play with us today
-Hello!
"Hi!" they said at the same time

After Layla and James had breakfast, we went for ice cream. It was Ace's idea, of course. He's pretty good with kids.

-So.. what flavor did you ask for?
-Vanillia!-said James
-Chocolate!-Layla snapped
- And you?-asked Ace
- Uhm..Apple.You?
-Ummm. I think blueberry.
-Okay. How much will that be?
-AaAh!- Ace took my hand- I'll pay!
-But...
- No Simon! It was my idea.
-Sure?
-Yes!

After we got our ice cream, we sat down at a small table. I was just talking to the two little kids when Ace grabbed my chin and turned it towards me.
"Your nose is red," he said and wiped it. I felt my face getting more in a darker shade. I tried to laugh it off, but I think I looked like an idiot.
-Aah.. thank you

The day slowly ended. It was pretty good. But what was that ice cream thing... Why on earth did I blush?!
Why do I feel guilty? After all... I can blush. Wille and I broke up. It's true that I didn't want to, but it still happened. I do not know what to do.

Hey! What do you guys think of Ace? (I pretty much hate him :)) Thanks for reading! If you liked it, please comment and vote! ❤