10 ~ Help

Beomgyu held out the weapon to Y/n

Beomgyu held out the weapon to Y/n. She only stared widely-eyed back at it with a disbelieving look on her face.

"Nunchucks?"

"What else does it look like?"

Wish I could nunchuck your face.

Although, Y/n was glad that she wasn't going to be working with sharp knives or anything of the sort. She wasn't in the mood for more bloody cuts that burned all the time.

Y/n took one of the handles, almost disgustedly. She didn't know how to hold it properly, so the chain and other handle dangled lazily beside her body.

"Hold it like this."

Beomgyu held up the pair that was in his hand, which demonstrated holding both of the handles at once, leaving only the chain to move freely. Y/n copied him.

She noticed his attitude seemed less... attitude-ful. As if he were walking on eggshells.

Just because I fainted, doesn't mean I'm emotionally unstable.

Beomgyu dropped the other handle and made a movement with it, turning it in a circle next to his left shoulder. He then pulled it back, skillfully allowing the handle to stop spinning when he placed it under his arm.

Y/n gulped. The way one might gulp when looking at a really difficult exam question that they have little to no hope of actually completing properly.

With shaky hands, Y/n dropped one of the handles and extended her hand in front of her.

She started the movement, easily spinning it.

But, when Y/n tried to change the angle of her wrist to be able to spin it around her shoulder, the handle flew right into her abdomen.

Right into her wound.

Pain erupted like a volcano, almost literally spilling over. A cry of pain threatened to leave her lips, but she caught it just in time. All that came out of her mouth was a painful croak that made it seem like any other whack in the abdomen.

Her left hand pressed against the wound, trying to suppress the pain.

Beomgyu looked down at her hand and back up at her face. Y/n could tell that his gaze would have been full with pure disgust if he couldn't tell that she was in pain. His ice-cold gaze softened slightly, but only for a second.

"You're not ready for this yet."

Beomgyu took the nunchucks out of her hand. She didn't complain.

He walked over to the weapon wall (as Y/n liked to call it) and hung both pairs up on it, hooking a ring from each of the chains on the heads of two nails.

His hands wandered carefully, as if waiting for one of the weapons to call out to him. Y/n saw his fingers brush briefly over the Icicle, before stopping on something else.

Beomgyu's long fingers grasped the handle of a pistol. Y/n noted that it looked exactly like the one he shot her with three years before.

He changed his grip, so that he was holding the barrel instead. He held it out to Y/n.

(ノ'∀`*)

"Don't they have this thing every year? Like all the top Mafias come together for a gathering?"

Jisoo whipped her head around to look at the security guard.

She looked young, no older than 25. A pretty girl, that anyone would imagine much easier on a TV screen than in a full black uniform at the entrance of a police station.

"What?"

The girl, upon hearing the voice of a famous detective talking to her in such a serious tone, instantly lost her cool and became flustered.

"I mean- I've heard from like- just people- I don't know- don't- just ignore what I said I don't know what I was talking about-"

"Calm down, calm down. What's your name?"

"Gohee."

"Gohee, do you know anything else about these meetings? For example, where they meet every year?"

"I've heard that they change every year. But I don't know where it's being hosted this year."

Jisoo stood, thinking with her index finger gently resting on her lip. Gohee stood awkwardly, stopping herself from smiling from the excitement of the situation.

"Thank you, Gohee. You've been a huge help."

Jisoo rushed into the police station before Gohee could even thank her.

Gohee was still bubbling with delight after she left.

𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 "𝚔" 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 =]