𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

I'm currently in the car driving back home, or well what used to be my home

I'm currently in the car driving back home, or well what used to be my home. Thankfully last night was a peaceful sleep so I actually feel quite refreshed. A little while after I'd woken up, a nurse came in and explained to me that I would have to take some new medication along with everything else I was taking. I didn't really care because it was nothing new to me. The nurse then brought me breakfast and left without a word. Only about an hour after I had awoken, Ms. Clawford and Tracy came and got me, which leads me back to the present as I look out the window watching all the houses we pass by. 

"Oli, we're almost there. I'd like to know if there's anyone you'd like to stop and say goodbye to before tonight." I think for a moment, honestly I don't have anyone to say goodbye to. The only friends I had were Lily and some other ghosts I had gotten to know over the years. I was basically an outcast to the real world, known as the school freak and faggot. My brother, Sam, had told everyone about how I 'claimed' to see things that nobody else does. Let's just say that lead to a whole lot of bullying. 

"No, not really." I replied short and easy, not wanting to talk any further. Tracy gives me a look of sympathy before turning back to face the road ahead. Shortly after, we arrived at my uncles home, where just the other day he was found dead. 

I get out of the car and slowly walk up the porch steps. This house honestly never appealed to me. My uncle was not poor, but he definitely wasn't rich. I watch Ms. Clawford took out keys and opened the front door. 

"Oliver why don't you head up to your room and start packing? Me and Tracy will stay down here and I'll order us some lunch, seeing as we may be waiting here awhile." Ms. Clawford suggests with a polite smile. I blush and quickly nod my head, then turn to climb up the old stairs to my bedroom. 

I didn't have to much to pack. I figured that if I needed to get something then they'd let me go shopping once I arrive at the group home. I packed all my clothes, bathroom supplies, my cigarettes', my art supplies, my cook book, medication, and of course I already had Berry in my arms. After I finished packing, I sat on my bed, hearing it make the loud creak that I'd grown used to over the years. I look around my room, looking at the empty spaces that used to be filled with random things. I looked at the band poster on my wall, covering the holes that were made.

Sighing, I get up and look at the clock on the tiny wooden desk. 1 hours had already passed, I've been in here much longer than expected. I look around one last time, then I leave the room for good. I walk back down stairs to hear small chatter of Ms. Clawford and Tracy. As I reach the living room, there's a knock at the front door. 

"Ah that must be the pizza! Oliver I ordered just regular cheese since I didn't know what you liked, I hope you don't mind?" Tracy explains as she walks to the front door. I blush when I hear what she said. Regular cheese was actually my favorite. I set down my suitcase next to the couch then walk behind Tracy to the kitchen. Once we all got our pizza, we sat at the table and ate in a comfortable silence.

"So Oli, Mrs. Miller called and informed me that they'll be arriving in about an hour, so why don't we play some board games! I have some in the trunk of my car." Ms. Clawford suggests. I beam and this, I absolutely love board games! Me, my mom, and my dad used to do sunday game nights where we would play all kinds of games. Sam hardly ever joined and usually would just sit an play on his phone.

"I'd love that!" I shouted causing a laugh from both Tracy and Ms. Clawford, and a blush from myself. "Alrighty then why don't I go get them." And just like that a whole hour had passed as we laughed and had fun playing all kinds of games. When we heard another knock at the door, we knew our fun was coming to and end. Tracy got up and went to open the door, which followed by new voices getting closer and closer. In walked in who I presumed to be Mr. and Mrs. Miller, and a man behind them who I couldn't get a good look at.

"Oh my goodness! Your so cute! Darling look at this boy isn't he just adorable?" Mrs. Miller got down and hugged me surprisingly fast for her age. I sat there while she hugged me, shocked that she had even done so. I then came back from my state of shock when Mr. Miller laughed at his wife. I hugged her back while blushing and said, "Uhm, nice to meet you... my names Oliver, Oli for short."

She squealed right into my ear and pulled back, then proceeded to pinch both my cheeks. "Ugh! You are just the cutest, sweetest little thing! I know who you are darling, I'm Mrs. Miller but you call me Josie." She then stands up and pulls her husband forward. 

"And this of course is my lovely husband, Mr. Miller, but again you can call him Tommy, or Tom for short." Tom looks down at me and gives a friendly smile. "Nice to meet you Oli, and yes please do call me Tom, it's very nice to meet you and I'm glad that you'll be apart of the young male adult group home we have created." I simply smile back at him then look to the side, where the man from earlier is standing. He was staring intensely and me with a a look I couldn't understand. This man was certainly handsome though, he had black fluffy hair, which I really wanted to touch. He also had dark captivating forest-green eyes. He gave off a dangerous feeling, but not harmful to me. When he realized I was staring as well, he smirked and stepped forward.

"Nice to meet you Oli, I'm Leo and I'm the one who's in charge at the group home. Me as well as all the other boys are delighted to have you coming to stay with us, I hope you feel the same." He smiles. Even though he had given off a scary aura,  he seemed very kind to me. This is why I need to stop judging books by their covers. I internally smack myself in the forehead. 

"Uh, uhm it's nice to meet you to, Leo. And yes I'm very thankful that I've been offered to stay with you all so thank you very much." I reply while blushing. Why do I keep blushing! Maybe it's because this guy is like seriously attractive. 

Forgetting about everyone else, Ms. Clawford clears her throat. "Well then I'm sure you guys have a long trip back, so I think we should be leaving now." Ms. Clawford looks over at me then says, "I had a wonderful time today Oli, you're an amazing boy and I really do wish you luck and hope you start to feel better." She gives me a motherly smile then turns to grab my suitcase so she can go put it in the trunk of Tom's car. As we all walk out, Tracy stops me. 

"Oli let me give you my number like I had promised. Call or text me whenever you need, and remember I'll always be here for you okay. I want you to get better and I think this group home is going to be perfect for you." I nod and hand over my phone to her so she can put her number into my contacts. Once she gives it back to me she also says, "And don't forget this silly," She hands me Berry which I hadn't noticed was missing. I can't believe I almost forgot him! I'm sorry Berry I'm so clumsy. I look up at Tracy then give her a big hug. She seems shocked for a moment but then hugs me right back. Once we break the hug, we exchange goodbyes.

Tom holds the backdoor open for me and I slide into the expensive looking car. Leo is sitting beside me and Josie is in the passenger seat. Tom say's his goodbyes to Tracy and Ms. Clawford, then get's into the drivers seat. I look back at my Uncles house one last time. I wave goodbye to everything, as well as the two pretty women who I'd only known for a very short while, but have been so kind to me. The car starts and we're off. Here I go to my new home, in a new state across the country where I'll be staying for who knows how long. I hope I can get help finally, I hope I can heal, but I know that it takes time. Everything does. If only I'd known what's to come.

------------------------------

As promised, I got this done by the end of the weekend. I was gonna do it yesterday but got side tracked and ended up watching the new Avatar movie instead, anyone else watched it yet? Also I'm going to start trying to update at least once a week, twice if I'm not to busy. I'm dreading getting up early tomorrow, I have to set 5 alarms to be able to wake up. Anyways, hope you're having an amazing day/night <3