Chapter 1: How to Steal a Boat for Dummies

Puss in Boots, Kitty Softpaws, and Perrito were brainstorming their first big thing as a team.

"We should host a fiesta!" Puss suggested. "Nah, I feel like we could do one after a few heists, once we put our name on the map," Kitty replied, "Maybe we could rob a bank?" "No, no, I just robbed one when I was in Del Mar," Puss rejected, "Perrito, what do you think we should do?" "Well I'm not really a veteran criminal like you too, so I feel like we should start simple," Perrito responded, "We could see some friends, go to a pub, go on a trip..." "I go to pubs all the time! I'm down for it?" Puss replied. Almost as soon as he said that, he had a brilliant idea. To see his friends in Far Far Away. "I have another idea though."

After explaining to Kitty and Perrito who and where his old friends were, he had a plan to visit them. "Do you guys know the governor of Del Mar?" Puss asked. "You mean that greedy rich man?" Kitty asked back, "Didn't you just steal from him?" "Yes, but he has something we need to visit Far Far Away," replied Puss, "A boat." "So we'll use the boat to go to this place?" Perrito asked. "How'll we get it?" Kitty asked. "Alright, so the governor has his guards for his dock switch out every hour, and it takes them about two minutes to switch," explained Puss, "So that's when we have to go." "Okie doke, how are we gonna do it?" Perrito asked. "We need to hide pretty close to the boat, behind some barrels maybe," Puss was explaining "And then we sneak onto the boat, but we need to find out if he leaves soon, to make it more salty. Where could we find it?" "Right here," Kitty said, holding up a piece of paper, "I picked it up while you were talking." "How did you get it," Puss said confusingly. "You do realize we are having a meeting above his room, right?" Kitty asked him. Puss had not. "Of course I knew, now let's see this map." The three then looked at the sheet. "So he leaves in three days at noon," said Puss. "Yep, so that's when we need to make our move," Kitty added. "How about we hide the hour before they leave, then leave the next hour?" Perrito asked. "Good idea, Perrito," Puss replied. "So what do we do in the meantime?" Puss asked. "Maybe we should host that fiesta of yours," Kitty said to Puss, elbowing him. "Uh, sure we could do that," said Puss, blushing a bit under his orange fur, "But I thought you said we'd have to put our name on the map first?" "Well I changed my mind," Kitty said, stealing Puss' hat. It took a second for Puss to notice. "So when'll we host it?" Kitty asked.

They would end up hosting it the day before the governor left. He was out visiting the nearby town of Córdoba for a meeting. They hosted a party until the governor returned. When Puss saw his carriage returning, he led everyone out and cleaned up the palace with Kitty and Perrito. Unlike leaving like everyone else, the three ended up hiding in the palace ceiling, as they were planning on sleeping there tonight. They thought that they were almost caught when Perrito made a loud creaking noise stepping on a floorboard, but luckily the governor didn't notice. The plan was that they would spend the night in the ceiling, and wake up to go leave in the morning. However, they still had a good few hours before they were going to sleep, so they decided to go to a local restaurant called Harvey's.

When they arrived there, it was a pretty empty restaraunt, with few other people, so it didn't take long for the trio to be seated. About five minutes after they were seated, a waiter arrived with to ask what they wanted. "I'll have the salmon," Kitty said. "I'll have the steak," Perrito asked. Puss was kind of confused by this but continued. "Hmm, what do you think, mi amor?" Puss asked Kitty, "Should I have the tuna or the catfish?" "Good question, mi amor," Kitty replied, "I think you should have the catfish." "Okay, the catfish it is," Puss told the waiter, "Can we also get three glasses of leche?" "Sure thing sir, will there be anything else?" the waiter asked. "No thank you," Puss replied, "do you accept gold coins?"

Their meal was delicious. Kitty and Puss both enjoyed their meals, but Perrito absolutely loved his. He had never tried steak before and her loved it. "Mmm, this is the best thing I've ever tasted!" Perrito said as he ate up the steak. Puss and Kitty already had their meals before, but still though they were pretty good. They then left the required amount of money, plus a good tip, and went back to the palace ceiling. When they returned, they talked for a while before going to sleep.

Perrito was the first to wake up in the morning. He sluggishly got out of his makeshift bed and checked the clock on the wall. It was 10:30. "Guys, guys! We have to go!" Perrito yelled, not thinking about being that loud. "What is it Perrito?" Kitty asked groggily. "You're gonna wake the governor," Kitty added, rubbing her eyes. "It's 10:30!" "Oh crap, we gotta go!" Puss exclaimed, quickly gathering his things. Kitty also quickly gathered her things. Within 3 minutes, the three scattered out of there. It was 10:45 when they got there, so they had to wait until about 10:57, when the guards switched out. As the guards switched out and the three got in their position, Perrito spotted something in the corner of his eye. "Guys, not to be the bearer of bad news, but," "There are no bears here Perrito, no need to worry," said Puss, cutting Perrito off. "No, it's worse," Perrito replied. "What could it be-?" Puss was asking. Suddenly, almost at the same time, Kitty and Puss spotted what Perrito was talking about. The Governor. "He came early?!" Puss yelled. "Must've changed his schedule," Kitty added, "Don't worry, he's a few minutes away." The three then hastily rushed to the boat and sailed off as quick as they could on the Governor's boat. As Perrito was running to the ship, he saw a poster of the three. He wondered how they had gotten the name, but picked it up and kept running, smiling. "Pssht, wasn't even scared for a second," Puss said once they were on water. "Yeah, me neither," Kitty added. As Puss was steering the boat, Perrito saw a map on the floor. He looked at all the locations on it before seeing a place marked as "Far Far Away." It was a near straight shot to there from where they were. "Guys, I think we can leave the steering wheel be for now," Perrito told the other two, "It says that it's almost just a straight shot from here to there." Puss and Kitty walked over to Perrito and looked at the map. "Huh, guess it is," Puss replied. "So we could look around the ship for a bit," Kitty added. The other two agreed, so they went down to look at the boat.

While exploring, they found a room with a trove of magic artifacts in it. "Wow, surprising Jack Horner didn't get these ones," Kitty said upon looking at the room. There were 2 shelfs with 5 levels each, filled to the brim with magic artifacts, with a desk in a smaller room behind them. "Look at all this magic stuff here," Perrito said in amazement, "There's a music box with a frog on it, a key with an eye on it, a green teapot..." "Probably don't touch anything," Kitty said. Kitty then looked straight at Puss, who was about an inch away from touching a magic hammer. Puss then put his hands behind his back, trying to make it look like he hadn't done anything. The three then went to the back room. There wasn't much there, just a desk with a chair. But, there were a few things in the desk. Perrito noticed one in particular. It was a square object wrapped in paper. Perrito picked it up and it felt soft. As Kitty and Puss walked to another room, Perrito stayed behind and unwrapped the object. It was a sandwich. It was a tuna and ham, his favorite type. Perrito was stoked about it. He then wrapped the sandwich back up, put it in the back of his shirt, and ran to go catch up with Puss and Kitty. As he was running towards them, he accidentally knocked a fish spear off of the shelf, but he didn't notice. Then, a gem on the spear then started lightly glowing red.