Chapter 2: The Sea Beast

As their ship continued on to Far Far Away, Puss, Kitty, and Perrito explored even more of the ship. They found a whole other room full of magical items, like ten golden rings, a small red ring with a swirl on it, and a staff with a weird rock on it with writing on the side saying "The Shusher". Again, there was a room behind the magic items and again, Perrito got another tuna and ham sandwich from the room. They also found several bedrooms, a huge kitchen, and a large room of crates. They assumed that the boxes had supplies in them, so they didn't bother opening them. As they walked back up to the deck, Puss and Kitty noticed a plaque on the wall. As Perrito continued running upstairs, the two read it. "The inaugural captains of this ship," Puss began reading, "Christopher S., James F., and Patrick F." "Well, let's hope we can live up to them," Kitty replied. The two then followed Perrito back upstairs. 

The three looked out over the open water in awe. It was the one of the most beautiful things they had ever seen. The water was crystal clear. They saw a school of red fish swimming by the boat, with Perrito wondering why. The birds in the sky were following the same direction, despite flying upwind, making Perrito even more confused. However, Kitty and Puss were too in awe of the water to even notice. "Guys, the birds are flying upwind, what do you think that means?" Perrito asked the other two. "I don't know," Kitty replied absentmindedly, still too in awe. She and Puss then looked in each other's eyes and smiled at each other. Just as they did that, Perrito spotted something in the water. And it wasn't a fish. He saw a giant red creature chasing the fish. "Uh, guys," Perrito said worriedly, "there's something else in the water." "I'm sure it's just a different type of fish Perrito," Puss replied, too busy starring into Kitty's eyes. Perrito looked over at them and saw them looking at each other, causing him to sigh. As if on cue, the creature jumped up from the water in front up their boat. It was carrying a stone pillar that had a flat platform on the top of it and placed it down for it to have a platform to be on. The creature stared right at them.

"Holy Frijoles!" Puss exclaimed in shock," What the hell is that!?" "Holy ****!" Kitty swore out. Puss and Perrito didn't even react to that, as they were still in shock. "T-told you so," was all Perrito could mutter out. The creature was so powerful that the waves in it's wake caused the boat to completely stop, knocking Puss, Kitty, and Perrito over. The creature proceeded to let out a bloodcurdling scream so loud that the three were pretty sure both Del Mar and Far Far Away could hear it. Taking a moment to regain his strength, Puss then jumped up, pointing his sword at the creature. "Fear me, if you dare!" Puss exclaimed at the beast, sounding fearless. On the inside, however, he felt absolutely terrified. Not as terrified as his encounters with Death, but still pretty terrified. Plus, he was on his last life and he didn't wanna die now. "He means fear us if you dare!" Kitty added, inspired by Puss' false bravery. Like Puss, she looked fearless, but was very terrified as well. Perrito, on the other hand, showed his fear and ran to hide below deck.

The two ran to the sides of the boat to attack it from both sides. The creature couldn't focus on one of them, so it focused on Puss. It attacked him with spikes it could shoot from it's nose, but Puss kept dodging them until he eventually reached the head of the beast. Kitty on the other hand, got up to the beast without breaking a sweat, as the beast was too distracted to Puss to notice. The two decided to stab into the beast's head. Kitty just did it right away, but Puss had to do a flip and land his on the creature, mirroring when he faced the Giant of Del Mar. In anger, the beast threw it's head forward, launching Puss and Kitty back to the ship. They made extra sure to not get caught on the spikes that were at the front of the top of the beast's head. When flung back to the boat, they both stopped themselves by planting their sword into the boat. They had practiced doing that a lot so that it didn't hurt their wrists. In anger, the creature swam underneath the water and attempted to attempted to attack the underside of the boat. "Watch out Perrito!" Kitty yelled as the two ran down there. The creature ended up impacting against the kitchen, where Perrito was, leaving a Jack Horner sized hole behind. As the creature passed, he noticed that it had a spike in its neck, but didn't think much of it, believing it was simply a battle scar. Perrito tried to get some of the tables off the ground to patch the hole up, but couldn't move them. Finally, after enough pulling, Perrito got it unattached. But, he still had to move it. By that time, Puss and Kitty arrived at the kitchen. "Perrito, are you okay!?" Puss yelled out, "Are you hurt!?" "Nope, I'm fine," Perrito said with the table in his mouth, "I could use some help with the table though." Puss and Kitty then helped him fit the table in the hole, which reduced the leaking to minimal. "Perrito, go distract it while me and Kitty stop the leaking!" Puss told Perrito. "Okie doke," he replied. Perrito than ran back to the deck to do his duty.