Chapter 61

"scout"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"Mouth?" Andrew questioned as he walked closer to the lit Rivercourt with a basketball in hand.

Mouth was sitting on the surface of the table just looking out at the sight of the water and the town lights.

The boy didn't even bother to turn since Andrew had already joined him by taking a seat beside him. "What are you doing here this late? Trying to make the team too?" He joked as he bumped his friend's shoulder, earning a slight chuckle from him before silence took over once more. "C'mon man, what's wrong?"

A sigh came from Mouth before he started to speak, "Eh, it's nothing really. Just something stupid."

"Well it's enough for you to be bothered so obviously has to be something. I won't judge."

"Well, you know how Rachel and I have been hanging out." He explained which made Andrew start nodding.

"Oh yeah, she was gonna talk to you about something for cheerleading right?" Andrew questioned.

"Yeah, and she did which is why I guess I'm here," He said making Andrew tilt his head, a little confused. "She asked me if I could help her with setting up a routine. So I did... then Brooke came along and she got into an argument with Rachel,  something about going behind her back I think,"

The last few words of the sentence made Andrew furrow his brows for a minute before shaking off the thought.

"Anyways, I went to Brooke's apartment to tell her that I just wanted to help the cheerleading squad which included her. Brooke went on about her dislike for Rachel to which I tried to defend Rachel's case. That ended up fueling up her anger which ended up in her yelling at me. She then went on to tell me that if a girl like Rachel was being nice to me, it was a reason." He sighed as he shook his head.

Andrew furrowed his brows once again as a result of hearing what Brooke told Mouth.

"Guess I can't be friends with someone that looks like Rachel." He scoffed as he glanced down.

"Maybe she didn't mean-"

"She did." Mouth interrupted before his friend could even finish his sentence.

Andrew just looked at him before nodding his head. "Well I'm pretty sure you know this but I'm going to tell you anyway. You have been one of the people that she actually enjoys being around." He spoke as Mouth looked at him, listening to what was being said. "You're part of the few that she can call a friend and she appreciates that."

The slightly younger boy smiled at the words. "Really?"

"Really." Andrew confirmed. "Anyone would be glad to have a friend like you, Mouth." Mcfadden smiled at the words. Andrew put his hand on his friend's shoulder, giving a squeeze before getting up from the table. "Up for a game?" He asked as he showed the basketball in his hands.