Better?

I wake up to an alarm that I set for this morning last night. Tony hears the alarm too and rolls over to face me. He rubbs the sleep out of his gorgeous eyes.

"Are you ready for your appointments today?"

"Mhm" he squeaks, he's regained the ability to hum and it's a good step in the correct direction. Even if his hums are squeaky and tad bit quiet.

He rolls over again and grabs his pen and paper. He dosent write down anything though, he dosent seem like he needs to say anything. I take him over to the kitchen and make him breakfast like I have done the past few days.

After breakfast, I help him get dressed and call for a Chariot to take us to the appointments that we had planned for today.

I'm so excited for him to feel better, just imagining him looking all pretty in a suit makes my heart squeal. I take him inside to his physical therapy appointment first.

We walk in and wait for Tony's name to be called. I let Tony play a game on my phone, he looks so cute with his eyes glued to my phone screen.

"Tony!" We hear the lady at the desk call. We follow the doctor into a decent sized room with all sorts of different tools.

"Hello Tony, I will be your physical therapist. My name is Elec-Tracy and I go by they/them"

They take their pen out of their hair and start writing things down. I can't see what their writing but they soon come to a stop.

They give Tony a moment to write down what he wants to say with his notebook and pen. He slowly but surely writer out a greeting and the conversation continues.

"Okay, so far I can see your having trouble with your hands due to how shakey your writing is, so let's work on that."

Elec-Tracy grabs a thick rubber band out of their pocket and putts Tony's fingers in most of them.

"Okay, so here's the game plan, I'm going to pull at this rubber band, and you can't let it snap back at me, deal?" The nice nurse says, Tony gives a nod.

They pull for the first time, not too hard though. The band dosent snap back. They pull a little harder the second time. SNAP!

"That's okay friend! We'll pick up your ability to move your hands again. That was just an assessment of your hand strength!" Elec-Tracy said, after a few more tests, they handed me the rubber band and told me to do those exercises with him every day and then they'll assess him at the next appointment.

I thanked them and they wished us well. We left and got in the chariot to go to the psychological therapy appointment. I knew that Tony would have to go in there alone, so I made sure he felt safe doing so. I told him we'd go to get ice cream after this because that was his last appointment for today.

When his name was called, we walked inside the room. I was only there to meet his therapist, then he'd wait in the waiting room so they could have some privacy.

"Hello! My name is Baker, I'm excited to help you through your mental health journey to recovery."

"Nice! Now that I know you're name I'm going to wait in the waiting room for the results." I said, giving Tony a small kiss before walking to the waiting room.

                      𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥

The two men soon walked out of the room and Baker handed me two bottles of pills.

"Have him take one of each, one at 9 am, and one at 8 pm"

I nodded and we got out of the place. As promised, I took him to go get ice cream. He chose a chocolate cone, and I got a scoop of coffee and mint chip. We sat on the bench outside in a peaceful silence.

When we were done, we took the chariot home. We cuddled inside the chariot until we got back to the castle.

"You know, I really can't wait for you to get better and be 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮"