Chapter 3: Stuck on You

The last bell rang at 3 PM on Friday and everyone poured out of the school happy that it was the weekend. Julia went to the parking lot and there stood John against his 1957 sky blue Ford Skyline. She walked over to him with her books in hand and checked out the car.

"Nice car you have there." Julia said."

"Thanks, My parents bought it for me as a birthday gift a couple of months ago." John replied.

Just then Julia's attention was taken off of John and averted to the car next to him as Elvis was pulling up at that moment to pick up Priscilla. Elvis glanced at Julia and smiled at her again and brought Priscilla over to them.

"Hi, I'm Elvis Presley and this is my girl Priscilla." Elvis said to the both of them.

Julia was too star struck to even speak but John spoke up for the both of them.

"Hi, I am John and this is my friend Julia." He said.

Elvis reached out his hand and shook John's hand and then extended it to shake Julia's hand and she brought her hand out and shook Elvis's hand without saying a word still frozen from the sight of both him and Priscilla. Elvis and Priscilla both walked away and got into Elvis's car and drove off before Julia could unfreeze.

John laughed at Julia and asked her," You gonna freeze up every time Elvis is around you?"

Julia punched him lightly on his arm and said," It's not funny. I have a crush on him.. a major one."

"What girl doesn't these days? He's a superstar and handsome to boot." John said.

They got into John's car and drove off to Arcade as they were both hungry. They were seated in the booth right across from Elvis's booth and the waitress came and took their orders right away.

"I'll have the Chicken Tender Basket with fries." John said to her.

"I'll have the Grilled Chicken Salad with Ranch please." Julia said.

"I'll have those two out soon." The waitress said and left to put in the order.

"It's a good thing that Elvis isn't here yet or you'd freeze up like a statue again." John said.

"I can't help it. He's just so... I can't think of the word right now." Julia said.

Just then the bell above the door rang and in walked Elvis, Priscilla and Jerry one of Elvis's right hand men and they sat at the booth right across from theirs.

Julia thought to herself," Oh boy. The Universe must be having a really good joke here."

" Julia, I have to tell you something."

" Okay what?" Julia asked him.

John grabbed both of Julia's hands and said," From the moment that I saw you here last time I had a crush on you."

Julia's eyes went wide as she sunk in the words that John told her just now.

" I really don't know what to say John." She said.

" Say that you'll be my girl." John replied.

" Things are a bit complicated with me right now and I can't date because of them. I am so sorry." Julia said.

Just then the food came and Julia asked the waitress if she can make her salad to go and she took it back to the kitchen to do just that and brought it back to her and Julia paid for her salad and took off to John's car to grab her books and then off to her hotel leaving John sitting in the booth alone.