Chapter 2 - Diagon Alley

Soon enough, the months had flown by, and it was now August of 1991. As promised, Dumbledore stopped by early in the morning to help (Y/N) get all his school materials.

(Y/N) was still shocked by his special "gift," but he wasn't the only one. Before he left, he had spoken to Emilia and revealed that she also had magical powers. As the orphanage's matron, Lauren was also informed about the situation.

It took a while for both (Y/N) and Emilia to come to terms with the fact that they won't see each other for a time since she would begin her first year at Hogwarts while he was in the second.

As they walked through the busy streets of London, it wasn't uncommon for them to receive several stares from passing bystanders due to the flamboyant appearance of Dumbledore.

Soon enough, they stopped at a pub nestled between a bookshop and a record store.

The overhead sigh of the pub marked the location as "The Leaky Cauldron."

As soon as they stepped inside the dimly lit pub, (Y/N) noticed that the patrons were strangely dressed.

When the man behind the bar noticed Dumbledore, he called out.

???: Ah, Dumbledore! The usual I presume?

Dumbledore waved his hand at the barman.

Dumbledore: Unfortunately, not today Tom. I'm here on Hogwarts business. I'm helping young (Y/N) here to buy his school supplies.

The man known as Tom looked down at (Y/N) and smiled.

Tom: Nice to meet you! I'm Tom, the barman, the owner of the Leaky Cauldron.

(Y/N): Nice to meet you too.

Quickly picking up on that nobody seemed to react to the mention of Hogwarts, (Y/N) figured that all the patrons were wizards and witches. But that left him wondering if Non-magic people could see the pub.

(Y/N) looked up at Dumbledore and asked.

(Y/N): Professor, are people without magic able to see this place?

Dumbledore gently smiled down at the boy.

Dumbledore: They used to be able to. But the Wizarding community felt it necessary to establish laws to separate the magic and non-magic world. So nowadays, buildings in the Wizarding world are protected by enchantments so Muggles can't see them, such as Hogwarts or the Leaky Cauldron.

(Y/N): Err, what's a Muggle?

Dumbledore: They're what we call non-magic folk. Most are generally unaware of our existence. There are a few exceptions, such as if a wizard has Muggle parents. Some important figures in the Muggle Governments are aware of us as well.

The two were interrupted by a jittery pale man wearing a purple turban called out to Dumbledore. The man nervously held his shaking hands together.

Dumbledore: Ah, yes. (Y/N), this is Professor Quirrell. You'll have the pleasure of learning Defense Against the Dark Arts from him this year.

Upon closer inspection (Y/N) felt a shiver down his spine as he noticed a dark, malevolent aura surrounding Quirrell, which everyone else appeared blissfully unaware of.

Quirrell: N-Nice to meet you, y-young man... I-I hope you enjoy my c-classes.

After the conversation finished, they continued out the back into a small area enclosed by a brick wall.

Dumbledore pulled out his wand and tapped the tip of it on a brick. Suddenly, a hole started to form until it became an archway.

Dumbledore: Welcome to Diagon Alley.