Top of the Mornin'

I open my eyes to the feeling of his fingertips brushing against my back. Adrian smiles when I lift my head off the pillow and look at him.

"Top of the morning," I yawn behind my hand and rest my head against my arm. I let my eyes linger on his body, admiring the shift of his muscles as he moves. I shut my eyes and let myself feel this happiness for a moment longer. To just pretend that nothing but him and I exist...

"That was weak," He smirks. His hand traces a line on my back I am all too familiar with. Still, he says nothing. He only studies my back and the mess of scars formed on it.

"They're from a silver whip," I breathe in deep and feel my spine relax under his hand, "Serani doesn't like me very much."

He runs his thumb over the one on my hip, which is newer. I crane my neck to look at it myself, peering over at him. Pink and white scars cross-hatch along my back, some raised, some not. The chains lying across my body have stained the skin a metallic silver, like I've been made of metal.

"I wasn't very compliant in the beginning—"

He bites back his grin, "Aye, I can see that. Though I'm not surprised."

I chuckle, "It's okay. I won."

"Is that what you call it—"

"Yes," I turn on my side and fix him a hard look, "I do."

He rolls me onto my back. I moan when he throws his whole weight on me. But he only chuckles and braces himself on his forearms.

"My little fighter," He kiss my forehead, "My little champion."

I hook my arms around his neck, kneading my thumbs into his neck. He shuts his eyes and bows his head. "Does that feel good?"

"Mm," His lips press against the inside of my wrists, before he moves to my neck. I breathe in sharp as his thumbs drag down my waist and to my hipbones. His mouth follows shortly, but stops after a moment, "Amelia—I have to go soon."

"I do too," I sigh. I hook my finger under his chin and bring him back up to me. I wrap my arms around him and savor the taste of his lips against mine, "But let's stay like this for a little while longer."

He chuckles, "My thoughts exactly."

One day. One day, I want to be in his arms like this and not have to leave.