Deleted Scene Book 1 Part 1

A/N: Long time, everyone!! Sorry for the quiet—I got a promotion at my job (yay!) and it's taken me away from my computer (*cries*). I thought it would be fun to post some deleted scenes that never made the cut for the final version of the stories! Note: a lot of these scenes are non-canon; and a lot of them were initially written to flesh out characters, interactions, and the overall plot!

Pre-warning: The first version of the books were written in past tense, so I will be posting them as such unless they were previously edited into the present tense (like the current versions of the book)!

+ + +

"Who are you?" Adrian asked quietly.

"Great question."

He shook his head and sat next to me, "Your knife. The one you said you inherited."

I unsheathe it from my hip and handed it to him, "My sister gave it to me."

He held it in his hands, eyes wide as if he had seen a ghost. He brushed over the blade's engravings softly, "My mate...she made knives like this."

"Do you think my sister got it from her?"

"It's possible. Cynbel's ritual knives are coveted after throughout the world," He smirked at me, "It's that Celtic, Druid magic that those Irish nymphs have, y'know."

He handed me the blade and I studied it more, "What do you mean by ritual knife?"

"An athame," He looked at me, perplexed, "It's made of silver and anointed with Kinkaid oil by the Prophets."

"Prophets?" Thousands of questions raced through my head but I backtracked at what he said about the oil, "Kinkaid? As in Kinkaid's Lupine?"

"Yes."

"Lupinus Oreganus," My head was spinning with this new information. Had my sister been one of these Prophets?

"You don't know much about your own culture, do you?" He was closer now and I felt him scrutinizing me closely, "Why—"

"I told you. I'm not like you," I snipped at him but quickly looked away from his gaze. He was so intense. His eyes went on forever.

"No...no, I don't think you're like me at all," He murmured, "Your sister. Was she—"

"Don't answer that question, Amelia," We both turned to see Mira. She was glaring at Adrian and held her hand out to me, "Come. You shouldn't talk to him."

"What happened to pack diplomacy, my sweet Russian doll?" Adrian chuckled as he leaned back into the chair. His arms rested behind me and I quickly moved as he touched me.

His fingers brushed the fabric of my shirt and it sent shudders throughout my entire body. They shot out and swiped at my neck, his skin making full contact with mine. I gasped, lurching forward and away from him. Grief. It was all I felt after he touched me.

"What did you do?" Mira snarled at him, picking me up. I yelped as her molten rage shot from her fingertips to me.

Tears poured down my eyes and yet I felt like breaking someone's neck. Somewhere deep down I could hear my own thoughts, but all I could focus on were memories I had never lived.

A frail blonde holding my hand, her plump lips whispering my name. It sent chills along my tall spine. Adrian. She handed me a knife and whispered again. A gift.

Running alongside the boys, I felt my long braid whip behind me. It was my first hunt and I was excited to show off—I was the only girl in the group and eager to show them who I was. My father looked back at me and grinned, his pride shining off him like the rays of the sun. Beside me, a friend spoke to me, his voice making my heart race. Mira.

I groaned as my head split open with the most terrible headache. It was crippling and I crumbled to the ground, cradling myself. My heart raced with their heartbeats, my eyes floundering in the torrent of memories. I couldn't breathe, my chest tightening as if I was having a panic attack.

"Amelia!"

Hands touched me and I screamed, shoving the body away. I wasn't breathing, wasn't able to grab onto anything that would pull me from the black hole I was being pulled through.

The bracelet.

It was a fleeting thought and I didn't know why I thought about it then. Glancing at it I saw trust it glowed bright red like forged iron, burning into my skin. I clawed at it but couldn't grip it in my panic. A hand reached out and unclasped it, slipping the silver chain away with a hiss.

"Silver," I heard Jace's voice.

My eyes closed, rolled into the back of my head and I stared at the icy blue gaze. She grinned and my lungs opened up again.

I opened my eyes and took a deep and shaky breath in. Mira and Jace stood before me with wide eyes. My gaze trailed from my bare wrist to the hand that held out my bracelet. Adrian knelt in front of me, holding his breath as we stared at one another.

I drowned in his gaze, tangled up in the ivy vines of his irises.

"Not at all like me," He murmured. I stared at him, unblinking as he looked at me like a lost treasure, "You're not like any of us."