Chapter 7 - I Miss You

Song : Someone Like You by Adele.

(Sea Fairy's POV)

A WEEK LATER...

It has been a week ever since Moonlight crashed into my life and since I last seen her. This week I have spent with Squid Ink,Sorbet Shark and my aunt but I couldn't focus on anything I was doing because Moonlight stuck around in my mind. I tried to forget her and her existence because when my heart ached that's when it all came back to me. The memories,the love I have for her and most importantly what happened between us in the tent before I pulled away and she ran off.

I didn't want to upset her by pulling away,I didn't want her to think I hate her by pulling away,I didn't want her to think she did anything wrong. I know that I achieved all these 3 things by pulling away and I hate myself for that.

I know I wasn't quite ready,not because I didn't want Moonlight to have sex with me but because I thought I was dreaming that this isn't really happening,that I would wake up and then see I'm in my bedroom and start crying because I actually thought it was real.

When I pulled away,that's when I realised none of this is a dream and now Moonlight is probably mad at me and doesn't want to see me. I can't blame her. She hasn't seen me for 12 years and I only thought about myself in this situation. She said herself she didn't want to not see me for so long but she was in a shitty situation and not talking to me was the only way out.

I bet Moonlight's dad and Star Gazer (yes that asshole) was behind this.

She did probably miss me and all those golden days we had too,she probably also endured as much pain as me because both Moonlight's dad and Star Gazer were around when I was gone and they definitely hurt her. I remember how Moonlight cried in the cafe not even because she told me the truth only because she mentioned them...

She really was so hurt and I thought I'm the victim here?

I fucking hate myself so much for that. It shouldn't have taken me over a week just to realise that because I am the one who is supposed to understand Moonlight the best and I am supposed to be able to the best support I can give her because I love her,I love her with my whole heart and she is supposed to know how much I love her and how much I mean that.

Suddenly the memory of Moonlight crying outside the cafe crosses my mind. Her eyes so puffy and transparent,her whole body shivering because of terrified she was. Her face so damp and shiny beyond how many tears fell and the strong spark of sorrow and fear in her eyes. It scared me that day,how she looked,the old Moonlight from the days we were teenagers would probably never look like that under any circumstance. It scared me how she looked so different from the old Moonlight I always knew and loved that I could barely recognise her.

I feel goosebumps cover my whole body and lots of tears gathered in my eyes. I suddenly feel a wave of cold hit me and I feel the urge to run.

So I do just that. I run out of my bedroom and run down the stairs and then out of my house. I run and run as if I was in a race and I feel like my legs just literally couldn't stop,almost as if when the break in your car is broken and you physically can't stop it.

I run until I get to the beach. I'm out of my breath and my heart is racing,racing almost as fast as that time when Moonlight kissed me and start sucking on my collarbone. I'll add almost.

I sit down on the ground and quietly remind myself why I'm here so late. The tears which I tried to keep back finally spill and run down my cheeks uncontrollably. Those tears ran down my cheeks as fast as cheetahs run at their peak speed or even faster if that was possible.

I sit there for a couple of minutes,crying and my body was shivering. The cold was hitting me even more and I could hear my heart beating crazily.

Suddenly,my head shoots right up to look up at the sky as I hear a captivating sound which I never heard before. It was very melodic and it was so beautiful that my ears instantly felt massaged. I felt that my tears stop running my cheeks and that I could actually breathe,like breathe more calmly. I feel my heart get more steady and I lose myself in the angelic melody and let myself drift away into my world of happy dreams where everything I wish for comes true.

I then shiver even more as I hear the voice sing.

"They ask,how are you?
Does it matter what I say?
Because you only half listen
And I always think : they already have their answer ready
They think I'm bad
Oh,it just seems like a simple question
But,oh,sometimes it cuts deep when it doesn't go

I know what you're thinking
Do you hear me?
It's not going to be like this forever
I know how this feels
Do you hear me?
It's not going to be like this forever
Do you hear me?
Do you hear me?
Oh,it's not gonna be like this forever
Do you hear me?
Do you hear me?
Oh,it's not gonna be like this forever

Sometimes the world gets too gray
The weight on your shoulders is a lot
But with your soul under your arm
Give me hope and color my world
Oh,it just seems like a simple question
But,oh,sometimes it cuts deep when it doesn't go

I know what you're thinking
Do you hear me?
It's not going to be like this forever
I know how this feels
Do you hear me?
It's not going to be like this forever
Do you hear me?
Do you hear me?
Oh,it's not gonna be like this forever
Do you hear me?
Do you hear me?
Oh,it's not gonna be like this forever

Ah,so be
Be like that
Be like that
Ah,so be,ah

I know what you're thinking
Do you hear me?
It's not going to be like this forever
I know how this feels
Do you hear me?
It's not going to be like this forever
Do you hear me?
Do you hear me?
Oh, it's not gonna be like this forever
Do you hear me?
Do you hear me?
Oh, it's not gonna be like this forever..."

When the voice finally quietens down and stops singing I just sit there stunned. I feel tears run down my cheeks again but they won't tears of hate or sorrow this time only of something else. Only of relief and comfort. The lyrics...they relate to me and my dark times...those words...they make me feel better about myself.

Whoever somehow felt and understood my pain and my emotions and decided to make a song and sing it to make me feel better...thank you so much.

I know that I suffered a lot because of the 12 years I without you but I know you didn't want me to suffer because I meant a lot to you. I know you didn't mean to hurt my feelings and I'm sorry I was so harsh on you and I'm so sorry if I ever hurt you. I would never mean that,I care about you way too much. Please baby come back it has only been a week and I'm already worrying sick about you. I know your absence hurt me but I'm ready to let go,I'm ready to let go because my love for you is stronger than the fear my heart endured. I'm ready to let go because I spent way too much time doubting myself,I waited way too long to doubt myself anymore. I love you and I want you to be a big part of my life and stay that.

Moonlight please come back I miss you so much.